Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By tigerafro
#71146 i finally bought a fujita air intake. how long will it take for me to put it in roughly? an hour or so?
By Classiccarsrule85
#71153 probaly an hour would be plenty of time with the right tools just make sure to get rid of that ugly silencer box under the buper cover
By tigerafro
#71592 yeah i did. it took me less than an hour. the only hard part was the silencer box. it was so hard to take out so i literally just ripped it out. sigh. i kinda wish i did a DYI write up.

i don't notice any performance differences. its just louder.
By marvinp8700
#71596 its kinda a "work together" concept with an intake. exhaust and header will help
By Kris95DX
#71979 agreed, i did the intake, header, full exhaust at once, there was a small gain... and way louder
By OmarG
#72027 the headers are what did it for me.

:thumb:
By Blk95coupe
#77640 So wait it took you an hour or so to put a intake in and you didn't notice any power gains :thumbdown:
By VegasCivic
Blk95coupe wrote:So wait it took you an hour or so to put a intake in and you didn't notice any power gains :thumbdown:

For it to use the intake to it's full potential it needs to be able to push that air away from the engine. This is why they said Headers/Exhaust.

If it can only push say "10" through the header/exaust but the intake can bring in "14" ...make sense?
By marvinp8700
#77658 the stars must align
stars being breathing components
By jmsplitfyre
#77697 It's always a combo.. I/H/E.. Intake/Headers/Exhaust.. :thumb:
By Blk95coupe
VegasCivic wrote:
Blk95coupe wrote:So wait it took you an hour or so to put a intake in and you didn't notice any power gains :thumbdown:

For it to use the intake to it's full potential it needs to be able to push that air away from the engine. This is why they said Headers/Exhaust.

If it can only push say "10" through the header/exaust but the intake can bring in "14" ...make sense?
Headers? I thought we only had one Header :lol:
By Faded_Milano
#77726 you could get 2 2 pipe headers that never connect. but you'd probably have scavenging problems lol
By tigerafro

i had some. but i mean its not anything big. plus i messed around most of the time. the hardest part was taking off the air box. other than the air box taking most of the time i would say, it took me around 30-40 min.

when i step on the gas, its much beefer than it used to be
By Blk95coupe
#77830 I got ya well cool :thumb:
By VegasCivic
Blk95coupe wrote:
VegasCivic wrote:

Headers? I thought we only had one Header :lol:

Oh want to play technical?

"they said Headers/Exhaust."

They is not me, and When i state my conclusion "through the header/exhaust. " It is singular. :lol: