Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.

do you like the sound??

36%
14%
50%
By Grafrox
#69429 what can i do to my sohc d16 on my 95 ex coupe .. i need budget performance.. everyone tells me to swap out ,but im avioding it .. what can be dont ..(somthinawsome) ..

so far i have a flowtech thunder muff cat-back 2 1/2 in. piping .. and a 5 in tip 10 degree angle cut

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c40VYhrhVfk

heres a video of my car on youtube (camera had tiny little mic) . (much nicer in person) .. ..

it's lowered on tokiko shocks and eibach sportline springs . stock steelys bone ,stock d16z

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c40VYhrhVfk
By Greasedmonkey
#69433 To me that is terrible. I just trashed an exhaust that sounded like that. Im also getting rid of another exhuast that begining to sound like that. To loud and annoying for my taste.

I prefer something more quite. Something like the Apex WS2 and RSR EXmag. You dont need a loud exhaust to be fast.
By Grafrox
#69464 . i didnt know what to expect when i got it . but i payed like 135.00 for the whole cat-back + shipping on ebay . when i see that msrp was along the 540's. so i thought i made out alright
By Grafrox
#69509 I need more feed back PPL .. Be completely honest .. the video isnt such great quality.. try to imagine that sound with less rattle in it ..andmore bass .. and there my car sound ... stock d16 z HELP!!!!!!
By Benj
#69512 ok so you are avoiding the the swap understandable.. but as for power adders, there's turbo, or header if you don't want the boost, CAI, nos, rebuild a z6 so that it has higher compression, but with a budget performance all you really can do is bolt on a header and a CAI, and don't do an eBay special get a good set of light rims konig makes some light rims that look good, buddy of mine has a set on his 92 civic hb and they are 11.9lbs, get a good suspension set up, a nice exhaust and call it a day, :thumb:
By Classiccarsrule85
#69516 well that sounds like a good ol' fart cannon if i ever heard one sorry man that dose not sound great at all....
By jmsplitfyre
#69519 Honestly, that is a fart cannon. Any no name eBay catback system sucks, but that's my opinion and please don't hate me. And 5" for a tip is too much unless you're running a big ass motor. You spent the $135.00 on the catback system, can I suggest you try the OBX one at least.

And for power gains, do the I/H/E upgrades first and look at the outcome. If not enough, do the mini-me swap. Still not enough? Turbo it!
By OmarG
#69627 Dude, whats up with your setup? I have the same exaust (with headers, intake and a hollowed out cat) and mine doesn't sound like that. Holley Thundermuff rigtht? Sure mine's loud as fuck, but it doesn't sound like ripping paper, or a can of angry bees. It has a deeper tone, sorta like my friend's 240sx with his blitz.

:?
By Grafrox
#69691 well like i used a camera with a terrible mic. so its a little distorted .. it sounds amazing in person .. everyone hates it from the videos point of view but i used a sony cybershot little thing .. we'll see one i get a better vid ....

so guess tellme about the mini-me swap .. whats that all about .. ive hear the term but not familiar with the prosses or what it doees , other than more performance

you guys are cool .. im getting pleanty of feedback I LOVE IT!!!
By teal_dx
Grafrox wrote:. i payed like 135.00 for the whole cat-back + shipping on ebay .

there's the problem right there.
Stick with name brand exhausts, not knockoffs on ebay. The ebay ones use inferior sound packing that burns out of the muffler and sounds like ass. Also you will want a resonator in your mid pipe to avoid a raspy sound. A lot of the ebay ones don't have this and the ones that do usually just have a hollow resonator with out the proper sound deadening material inside. In the end, you get what you pay for.

There's a good thread in the D series section about mini-me, do a search :thumb:
By Grafrox
#69746 ok teal. i respectyou completely .. ive seen some of your stuff .. but like i said it doesnt sound that raspy in person terribal mic on the camera .. ill show you guys when i get a beter vid. (interesting about the res tho)
By Grafrox
#69750 it is very name brand flowtech as is by holley .. thundermuff ..
By Grafrox
#69752 i wish i knew who voted yes .. hopfully your not retarded . otherwise i dont think it counts lol