Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Grafrox
#69413 i have a 95 coupe ex 155k . i want it to be bad ass with out a motor swap .. ive seen some kick ass d16's any ideas fellas?? .. can i spray nitrouns and be safe or . should i turbo it and run low boost??

also i love the nkb rs2 wheels but they seem pricey anything out there similar ??
By franklinhid
Grafrox wrote:i have a 95 coupe ex 155k . i want it to be bad ass with out a motor swap .. ive seen some kick ass d16's any ideas fellas?? .. can i spray nitrouns and be safe or . should i turbo it and run low boost??

also i love the nkb rs2 wheels but they seem pricey anything out there similar ??

sadly poor single cams dont do much stock...you must build the crap out of them to make some decent numbers..
By Eli'sEG94
#70067 Single Cams and turbo are a big surprise for some people, minor mods to the internals such as reinforcement to the block <-- only if you plan on running high boost. But aside from that a pretty little fun engine if boost is added to the mix.
By Greasedmonkey
#70086 YOu can do quite a bit to make a single scream. The easiest way is add a turbo. There are many different ways to go about this.

Then you can build a all motor one and get good power and still use all honda parts.
By JDMazFuK
#70139 buy a b18b and boost it..
By Macster
#73292 i gotta d16 vtec turboed its in pieces being put back together but its screams havent run is at the track but kpet up with a car that runs mid 12s realy fun motor cheap to you can find parts for em anyhwere but if your gonna bossy it a rebuild is in order with that many miles. fjdistributors sells d series rebuild kits and low comp internals for a fair price.
By chrono404
#73293 my Single rapes on B's, H's and Some K's. Bottle Fed FTW.
I have 256,9XX Miles on my engine. Been on the bottle for the past 2kmiles or so.

If you get a good shot you will want to get a staged clutch. My setup ate a OEM Style clutch. a XTD Stage3 clutch takes care of that and you can get it somewhat cheap online. The Main thing about Reliability is your Tuning. If you get close to 220-250Hp you are close to your rods breaking point, Forged Rods will fix this.

Nitrous Info @ Hondatech - Where I learned to tune nitrous from. Very Very Very Helpful and is what convinced me to spray.

Having a Fast single cam is awesome, if you break a engine its cheap to fix, and the look on the persons face after you beat their B/H/K swapped hatch with a NA D16(with some bottled help of course) is Priceless.
By MASTERBUILDER
#87966 you'll be surprised on how well D series respond to boost. that said id recomend turbo on chrome pro with a 3" exhaust you should run 11psi easy and safe.
By kingmorgan
#88893 a buddy of mine turboed a stock jdm 1.5 non vtec. they put 8 lbs. it put down 216 to the wheels. he had about a 800 in the turbo and tuning.