Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By arseg
#65472 When i put my foot on the brakes they will slowly go to the floor. Almost like a leak or something. But the fluid stays full. DX no ABS.... WTF lol Any ideas ??? 94 EG
By CScivic22
#65479 i had the exact same problem, i think it was answered in the post that i made. but i tried everything bled the brakes at least 10 times and still nothing, i replaced the brake booster and master cylinder, got both from a junkyard for about 50 bucks. so i would go with that. easy swap, just be sure to re bleed the brakes after the swap and dont let your mc go completely empty. good luck.
By Grat
#65486 your brake master cylinder is going bad. get a new one from a local autoparts store. i went threw 2 remanufactured ones and they both didn't work lol
By arseg
#65637 Its a DX. Can I upgrade to a bigger one ? Maybee from a DA or something.
By CScivic22
#65643 yes you can, but may be hard to fit it in there might have to custom fab. maybe not. i was going to but not now until i do the rear disc conversion. not nessasary its like an overkill.
By arseg
#65657 Might have to do the rear conversion too. Those parts are everywhere here for some reason.
By sdots
#65961 second that

CScivic22 wrote:yes you can, but may be hard to fit it in there might have to custom fab. maybe not. i was going to but not now until i do the rear disc conversion. not nessasary its like an overkill.
By Grat
#65974 a 15/16 master cylinder is a good one to go with if u go to rear disc. i just swaped to a 15/16th and the brake bias is perfect :thumb:

u can get these mc's off of a 91 civic ex, 88-91 prelude
By DJSilkie
#66004 I really need to get my rear brakes upgraded...I dont like rollin in shoes in back and mini-rotors up front.
By arseg
#66023 Yea gotta get this done. Sometimes when i hit the brakes they go right to the floor......
By sdots
#66171 Also, check your brake booster line. Make sure the hose is in good condition. If not it might be an idea to change that also as it helps to regulate pressure to the MC.

Go for 15/16th MC or a 1". Either a good upgrade, especially when you go for rear discs and bigger fronts, than it's a requirement really.

regards
By arseg
#66199 Well then i will prob go w a bigger one then. Not gonna upgrade the brakes this weekend but it is in the future. Might as well just get it well i need it instead of doin it twice.
By sdots
#66313 Also if your picking up a new MC and servo, consider what you'll be doing as far as performance is concerned and how much power you will be running because you might get away with 15/16th if your running about 200bhp less
if 200+ then go for the 1" :) got to remember unless your one of the lucky ones, your ride doesn't have ABS :D
By Greasedmonkey
Grat wrote:a 15/16 master cylinder is a good one to go with if u go to rear disc. i just swaped to a 15/16th and the brake bias is perfect :thumb:

u can get these mc's off of a 91 civic ex, 88-91 prelude

this man knows what he is talking about. they bolt on with no mods.
By arseg
#66371 Sweet... Yea no abs. Kind glad though less BS to deal with :thumbdown: