Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By sdots
#65950 Correct

Omega Blaze wrote:
sdots wrote:Yup. But it wont be circulated through the system because you won't have the P/S pump connected.

Omega Blaze wrote:Alright everybody! check this out..

if i take the belt off, and keep the p/s fluid filled up,

should everything be good??

And i'm assuming the belt is wat works the pump and makes the P/S fluid circulate through the system?!
By Omega Blaze
#66094 Hey Sdot,

Is there any hoses i should loop??
By sdots
#66166 Properly you'd need to loop the system some way without using the pump which would usually involve cutting your p/s hose and looping it to the return line located near your p/s resevoir, however DO NOT cut your p/s hose, because as far as I know they have been discontinued and will lead you into a world of trouble. I had a problem with the hose and rang Honda in the U.K, and the only place that may have one was Japan and only one at that and cost's roughly £250 here.

Just take the belt off the p/s pump and all should be fine. Like I said previously if you wanted to go proper without p/s then a new rack would need to be fitted.

regards

Omega Blaze wrote:Hey Sdot,

Is there any hoses i should loop??
By zilemocon
#164357 every car ive owned ive eliminated p/s and no problems ive removed belt pump and hoses. i put plugs on the steering rack. the only problem is the power steering rack is very touchy compared to a manual. i hit a road reflector it shots my car in the other direction.... but i have alot of bump steer due to changing caster
By i8umup
#164360 honda-tech has a good walkthrough on how to loop the lines if thats what your interested in. i cant find one on here but i know ive seen it there. but like they stated if you remove the belt it should work fine. hell my hatch is manual but it was like that when i got it and the dude totaly removed everything pump lines and all and just pluged the ports on the rack.

however i have also been told that this is wrong for the fact that the inards of the two racks are different and the power rack must have constant fluid to last. which is why they suggest looping the system so that you can change the fluid often and the rack will stay lubricated and last longer.