Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By vtec veezy
#63466 i don't know if it's normal or what...i've only driven 2 manual transmission cars includin the civic so i'm no expert. but its hard alot of times to get that damn thing in 1st gear to 2nd and so on, almost like its stuck :? .. the other stick i drove which was a stratus r/t had a smooth shift in it, almost like you can just tap the stick into gear. is there any way to getting a smooth shift for the civic?? thanks in advance!
By blockustomz
#63472 im also no expert but maybe changing the tranny oil?? what engine u have and tranny?
By vtec veezy
#63474 well i know i got a d16z6...but not sure about the tranny. its a dx..so whichever one comes in that trim?
By asianrob
#63483 let the tranny warm up first then try it...
By OmarG
#63519 try greasing up the shift linkage. If all else fails, bushings maybe?
By MI_excoupe
#63531 ^ That is what I was thinking.. maybe it is the bushings. Or maybe it's tightened down too much... I have had that problem before.. when we put the short shifter in, we tightened down the shift linkage too tight and it was difficult to shift and it stuck.
By vtec veezy
#63600 alright i'mma try that, much appreciated :thumb: