Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.

What Color Should I Repaint

13%
N/A
38%
25%
25%
By joba356
#62698 New UPDATES and PICS at the bottom! :thumb:

Noob here, bumped across this site on google and really like it.

Here is my super under construction Coupe, it gone a super long way since i got it and its no where near completion, any feedback appreciated, suggestions. Thanks

Mods:Body is pretty much stock with a gunmetal paintjob

Heart: 2.2 Turbo

I know the car really doesn't look that great, at least i feel that way so first a picture of what i started with.

Painting Engine Bay, Rims on

Seats In Before Putting Dash

Body Work and Primer

How she sits today

LMK any upgrades i should do

Future Plans: Finish Restoring it, swap interior and new carpet, suspension, New Paintjob[/img]

New Pics of the Engine Bay

When i first put it in, finishing my injector wiring, etc.

How it looks today, got super dirty once i moved back to jersey( Florida whether rocks compared to this) and this is the reason why i need to change my manifold to put a dump tube on the wastegate :x

Image[/img]
Last edited by joba356 on Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:59 pm, edited 4 times in total.
By Civic_HatchSI
#62706 nice job! I see you did the auto to manual swap as well! good work.
By joba356
JDM-Chick wrote:nice job! I see you did the auto to manual swap as well! good work.

Thanks far from done, i just moved up from florida and just started working been here like 2 months but time to put more money into it.

Nice catch on the auto to manual, im asking myself how you knew :?
Then saw the gauges
By poi boi
#62753 the brake pedal gave it away for me
By DeW HoE
#62757 as well as the guage cluster
By joba356
#62820 yeah the pedal also, im thinking about changing it but it really doesn't bother me like some people say it gets in the way
By Civic_HatchSI
#62827 yea i would change out the the auto brake pedal for a manual.

It was the cluster I noticed first tho.

Does the car now have a moonroof or? you have all the SI features inside the car.
By joba356
JDM-Chick wrote:yea i would change out the the auto brake pedal for a manual.

It was the cluster I noticed first tho.

Does the car now have a moonroof or? you have all the SI features inside the car.

I just noticed i put the wrong picture up, i had 2 shells a dx an then an ex which is the one i have now, they where both teal green and looked the same i just didn't notice this one was the dx one.

The DX had a huge rust hole under the back bumper so i took the dash which was all it had and threw it in the ex, miami junkyards for all the missing buttons. and rest of interior parts

will update my first post, thanks on that catch also
By MI_excoupe
#62863 wow.. nice job so far... keep us updated!
By joba356
MI_excoupe wrote:wow.. nice job so far... keep us updated!

Thanks, just waiting to start working so i can make my complete rebuild thread
By ooops
#63066 Lovin the color mate, that looks really nice and tidy. Will be following this one I think :thumb:
By Ecc0
#63079 Really like the colour change am wanting to get a Hb in that kinda Grey as my next project once I get board of my coupe so not right away.

Looks like shes coming along real nicely though and should be a great weapon once your done good job.
By joba356
ooops wrote:Lovin the color mate, that looks really nice and tidy. Will be following this one I think :thumb:

Thanks just waiting till the cash starts flowing in nicely so i can make a build continuing thread, or might just do it in here.

Ecc0 wrote:Really like the colour change am wanting to get a Hb in that kinda Grey as my next project once I get board of my coupe so not right away.

Looks like shes coming along real nicely though and should be a great weapon once your done good job

Thanks, i don't remember the color name but it supposed to be gunmetal, probably like some gunmetal graphite :? , my friend was thinking about the same for his HB but he decided to go with silver, still looks good though.

First changes will be with the turbo kit:

New Manifold so i can put my dump tube on the wastegate
IDK if you can tell but my engine sits a little crooked and tilted back because of the auto tranny bracket. Will be getting a new bracket made or might buy a kit that brings new mounts and a bracket

Need to put my speed sensor on, map sensor, then will be getting it dyno tuned at 14psi
By joba356
#83349 Havent been on the site for a while though i would post up some updates, Currently debating on a new color what do you guys think? any ideas, im sorta heading towards white,lmk any suggestions.

Im gonna put it out there before someone catches it :cry: . The new rims are (I think) LS Mesh, i live about 2hours from where i got them, i needed wheels bad and i didn't notice until i got there that they where 14inches, has anyone seen 14' LS Mesh Before :? . I was mad but traveled too far to come back empty handed.

Anyway here are the most current pics of here with some changes:

Bigger front mount
MSD Plug Cable
RSX Cloth Seats
Center Console with armrest
Re-done carpet
New Sideskirts
New Wheels and tires
New Door panels
Installed FPR

on to the pics:

Front bumper is getting redone, but i think i want to paint the whole car over mainly because of all the dents that where left undone from the last time

Sorry bout the dirty bay, just bought the paint and clear for it :hehe: