Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.

Invest money in suspencion, or engine

43%
29%
29%
By Eli'sEG94
#62193 just got my stimulus check in today, I had already planned to get the Energy suspencion bushing kit, but i'm left with another $4xx. Aside from Rear camber kit, i'm sorta stumped on what to get.

I'm not totally sure if I want to focus everything on suspencion, although I might just get the wales penis intake system (from Yowaii) or something like that, J's Racing immitation ya know.

I've got quite a few things to work on suspencion but all at once will definitely be more than a few grand, then again I have to invest in the engine, this is my cross roads and i've but given up on deciding, that's why I ask you guys, what would you guys do. Vote away! :lol:
By Greasedmonkey
#62201 If you still have the stock motor (sohc) dump it all into the suspension.
By Eli'sEG94
#62207 LS\VTEC in there!
By MI_excoupe
#62209 If you have an all stock LS/VTEC I would recommend putting your money into the motor to make it more dependable. Make the internals stronger. They say that in stock form, the LS/VTEC is a non-dependable motor.
By Eli'sEG94
#62211 Good point, which I had in plans already, thinking of P30 pistongs and working the Crankshaft, balanced and polished, that's about 300 right there.
By Eli'sEG94
#62239 Ok,now that a good point was brought up, aside from pistongs (which i dunno why I'm so focused on them) and having the crank Polished and balanced (anyone know of one that is for sale :P Cheap) what else can I get to make it a bit more reliable.

ARP Head studs and/or main studs
ARP Rod Bolts
Crankshaft Girdle (does it really help)
Rods

this is where I'm sorta stumped I have read Greasedmonkey's "How to build a "reliable" lsvtec/b20vtec motor" but to me it sounds ike you are building a race engine, well for the most part I read the top where you sorta try and make it reliable. I guess for each individual person it's a different situation :D
By opocot
#62246 engine :twisted:
By sdots
#63225 Suspension and engine alike once put together you have a really good result, but chucking in a great suspension setup with not much power, you won't enjoy the real technicality and endurance of your suspension as you'll be shifting down to get the power in around the corners so much that you'll end up wearing the engine immensely.

Put a engine in and you have a great starting point, and overall the suspension will be cheaper.

I have an EJ2 Coupe with a B18 loaded in to it, adjustable omni power chasis coilovers and D2 Racing adjustable cambers with Toyo Proxes. My suspension components cost me roughly £250 all together finding bargains on ebay, and I can go around a small round about doing 40-50 mph nicely without the tail coming out at all.

Realistically an engine is going to put a smile on your face every time you hear that VTEC kicking in or when you have ripped somebody apart on the streets. All in all the benefits in an engine are far better in comparison to suspension, its what is really going to put a smile on your face.
Suspension you'll only love it during a period of time until you get bored and decide you want an engine because you don't have enough power lol

Engine in my opinion. Already sounds like you have a decent suspension setup to be built or already built. All in the assumption you plan to keep the car also.

Sanjesh
By Ecc0
#63233 I second that if you have already put work into your sus setup and are happy with the way it is atm I would start working on the engine side and get that work more towards the way you want it to.

It will then give you a more ever base on both which will help you decide what you want to do next after that.
By Eli'sEG94
#63351 Thanks guys for all your comments and helping point me the right way. I just purchased another ECU which will be the base to start the whole engine operation, as it's not running as it should (as with any LS\VTEC) so I have to get it chipped (thinking Hondata S100) and then get it tuned, from there one once the Idle problem has been solved then I'll start on the internals.

Here's the list I have in my mind so far

Bottom End
New Rods (or just get Rod Bolts and Shot Peen my old rods)
Balance Crankshaft (if anyone knows anyone :P selling one for cheap LET ME KNOW)
P30 Pistons

that's it for the bottom end

Top End
New Valve Springs
New Valves
Cams (have not decided on which yet)
S2K Intake Mani
310cc Injectors or any other above that

That's what I have in mind thus far, but again things are subject to change at any given time (sheesh I feel it's like one of those small prints on a contract for like insurance or something :lol: )