Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By bean
#62181 guys need urgent help, swappin my eg coupe 1.5 auto engine and gear box, for my eg hatch 1.5 manual engine. is it possible and how hard will it be. any info at all please.
By Faded_Milano
#62184 it all depends on your skill level, your resources like tools, and availability of parts and money
By Method
#62189 don't quote me on this, but it should be pretty straight forward, your using the same style of engine, just its a manual instead with just a couple different things. make sure you get the manual ecu.
By mage182
#62237 Auto to manual isn't that hard if you have the resources. Remember that you need things like:

Manual pedals (all three)
Clutch master cylinder
Clutch lines
Shift linkage
Shifter boot
Shifter
Shifter knob
Manual ECU
Might as well buy the ES shifter bushings while you're at it. They make a big difference.
I believe the rear tranny bracket is different but check on that.

You'll need to wire the safety switch for the clutch.
By bean
#62422 nice one chaps, hopfuly finishing off tomorrow will let ya know how i get on. im puttin the auto inlet manifolod on the manual block. apparently gives extra 10bhp. also got a new clutch goin in. whooo cant wait. will get sum pics if i get chance. again cheers for your help. :woot: