Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Grat
#61200 took my power steering out. no need for it lol
By LowTEC-Derbo
#61203 i like power steering. paralell parking and getting into my driveway is VERY nice with P/S. besides all i do is remove the belt if i really need to save that much POWER :P

LSD > no P/S.
By CivicTypeR
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:LSD > no P/S.

Yep. :thumb:
By vtec veezy
#61220 it feels alot nicer driving without it, but parallel parkin is a biotch sometimes...but i guess its good on the arms :D
By mitchyb
#61223 I'm using power-steering atm, probably move for non power soon after i get my new exhaust and headers. all my past cars have had power-steering but driving my mates EG without power-steering was an experience
By jmsplitfyre
#61283 I dunno how it feels to drive without it.. :?
By Gorveatt
#61297 I prefer it, as long as it's not the light and soft type, the power steering on the eg's and my integra are perfect i think you get 0 play on the road and immediate response. Now Camry's and such... good god no feel what so ever :x
By teal_dx
jmsplitfyre wrote:I dunno how it feels to drive without it.. :?

it's not too much different on the road, but manuvering at low speeds it can be hard to turn. turning from a stop you'll need 2 hands. rim/tire width probably has some to do with the difficulty as well.

It was nice to have, but I am glad I gave it up for less weight and a cleaner bay.
By jmsplitfyre
#61326 Hmm. Yeah, I think I remember our corolla back home didn't have p/s. But what if you do track? Wouldn't that be hard in cornering? :?
By biretsu89
#61338 I am getin power steering... all I need now is the rack and pinion... I do a lot of turning and parallel parking.. and its fucking anoyin...
By thedaemon
jmsplitfyre wrote:Hmm. Yeah, I think I remember our corolla back home didn't have p/s. But what if you do track? Wouldn't that be hard in cornering? :?

If you are actually going, say above 10mph it's usually a better feel than p/s. The only problems people have is basically parking. But, think of it this way, you will beef up your forearms if you are p/s free!

If you have small tires it's even easier to turn. But if you've got some monster grip tires :?