Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Eli'sEG94
#60762 Hey Guys,

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm debating whether to get the master Kit for my car or just get the 2 Front LCA's which are killing me, and I can't do any alignment because they are almost out, aside from that my car is all over the place if I hit a bump it's finiki (dunno if that's how it's spelled) but I'm just wondering if they sell a kit that is not That hard, or is there only one level of stiffness? Any insight from any of you who have done this upgrade to your rides would be greatly appreciated.
By Grat
#60772 if u dont want to go poly urthane then i would just get oem replacment bushings
By Eli'sEG94
#60858 Yeah Go figure that's sorta an easy answer, and here I didn't even bother to think it.
By teal_dx
#60962 if a couple are rotted/worn through, then more are sure to do the same soon. For the price of a few of the OEM bushings, you can buy them all in the ES Master kit (~$120).
By Eli'sEG94
#60992 Thanks guys, I think I'm going to go with the ES Master Kit, since what Teal pointed out is very true, if one or a couple of them are already in an advance stage of deterioration then more are soon to follow. I really don't think it could be as bad as it is now, I mean I go over a bump and it's like the whole front suspencion is about to fall out, and if I hit a bump on a corner while I'm cruising the car almost flyes out in the direction of the turn, so here I am having to slow down on teh Highway when there is a long sweeping turn just in case, cuz I don't want to scare the passengers :(
By sdots
#62070 Hey dude, I would opt in for the polyurethane bushes. Just take into account, you will feel every bump in the road obviously because the suspension is tight with them installed but other than that it's pretty damn good.
Just make sure you get the black kit as they are impregnated with graphite.
Whereas the red kits aren't, and tend to squeak after a while, especially the trailing arm bushes, had to swap mine out for the black :D good luck any how :D
By Eli'sEG94
#62214 Ohh snap, see that's what I needed to know, I kept seeing 2 different colors and always wondered what were the differences, thanks a ton mang.
By Eli'sEG94
#62235 quick question dude, what was the part number you used for the Kit, everywhere I go I can only see the Evil Red Kit Muahahahaha, just kidding sorta just woke up and needed something to get me going Cofeeeeee :lol: . Anywho I'm calm now, just let me know which was the kit you ordered if not I'll try giving them a call, maybe they haven't updated their website yet.
By mage182
#62236 A side note. As of when I bought my master set 6 months ago, it does not contain the bushings for the rear compensator arms, rear trailing arm main bushings, or rear upper control arm bushings.

The rear trailing arm bushings are sold separately and I recommend spending the extra few bucks on them as those are a non-pivoting bushing and degrade over time. The bushings for the compensators and upper control arms you have to get from Prothane.
By mage182
#62238 A side note. As of when I bought my master set 6 months ago, it does not contain the bushings for the rear compensator arms, rear trailing arm main bushings, or rear upper control arm bushings.

The rear trailing arm bushings are sold separately and I recommend spending the extra few bucks on them as those are a non-pivoting bushing and degrade over time. The bushings for the compensators and upper control arms you have to get from Prothane.
By sdots
#62255 Also forgot to mention my trailing arm bushes were bought separately.

My mate bought them from the states and had them imported so will have to ask him. I'll let you know when he replies.:thumb:

Also might be a good thing to get into contact with Energy themselves as I have a sneaky suspicion my bushes were bought in there separate packages because they didn't come in that nice big box they usually come in. But I'll still let you know when he's given me a reply

mage182 wrote:A side note. As of when I bought my master set 6 months ago, it does not contain the bushings for the rear compensator arms, rear trailing arm main bushings, or rear upper control arm bushings.

By Eli'sEG94
#62351 Thanks a ton guys, Loving all of you right now (in a safe non homo way :thumb: ) just messing with you

but ok so aside from talking with the company and trying to get the black kit which has graphite i have to order the following separate as it is not included in the kit.

rear compensator arms
rear trailing arm main bushings
rear upper control arm bushings.

Correcto? Right :? haha well I really can't thank you guys enough, i'll wait till sdots give me a reply to the search he's doing and we'll go from there. Screw what everyone else says, Civic-EG.com Rocks and let no one else say other wise ( I'll cut off their &#^@^^) :twisted:
By sdots
#62402 Hi mate, you need the separate kits :thumb:

Shouldn't be a big difference in price between the red and black, so shop around a little.

All the best :D
By Eli'sEG94
#62430 thanks sdots, you've been a real great help, if we had rep points you bet you would've gotten a bunch from me, so for now a thanks is the best I can do. :thumb: :woot:
By sdots
#62631 no problem dude. hope you have fun. I'm replacing most of the suspension metal components at the moment, need uprating, or might just ride it out. really want a Tegy type r

Eli'sEG94 wrote:thanks sdots, you've been a real great help, if we had rep points you bet you would've gotten a bunch from me, so for now a thanks is the best I can do. :thumb: :woot: