Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Eli'sEG94
#59745 I having a brain fart at the moment, is there any way to know without the use of a Dyno if increasing the diameter of the exhaust piping will increase Torque? only ask because after upgrading my piping to 2.5 from the headers to the muffler I really have to baby first gear if not it'll break traction just having one of those moments where I dont wan to necesarily believe my But Dyno. any imput will be greatly appreciated, I'm runing an LS/VTEC just in case you guys needed to know.
By OmarG
#60147 I have 2.5 piping on my d15b7.

I remember it felt like I had some extra oompf, not too much though, mostly louder. When I tossed on my headers, I could really tell though.
By jmsplitfyre
#60148 I think bigger piping gives either more low end or high end power, dunno which. Hope that helps. :)
By mitchyb
OmarG wrote:I have 2.5 piping on my d15b7.

I remember it felt like I had some extra oompf, not too much though, mostly louder. When I tossed on my headers, I could really tell though.

i just picked up an EG hatch 2 weeks ago and looking for headers and exhaust for the D15B7. what headers are you using on yours?
By OmarG
#60205 Nothing fancy, just your run of the mill 4-2-1 Ebay headers.

They ran me like 55 bucks I think. I have a long gravel driveway, and after I put them on and started down the driveway, I remember I spun tires on accident. Nothing major, I just wasn't used to it. You can really feel the difference.
By JDM EG
#60440 all b16 series : 2.25'

all b18 series: 2.5"

all k's : 3"

thats what i reckon
By Eli'sEG94
#60527 Thanks for the replies guys, just asking cuz I really feel like I have to baby first gear now, if I don't I can easily break traction, and the tires are still pretty good. :lol:
By sdots
#62075 In a VTEC motor, back pressure is a good thing. Just a note to remember :) Ran a 3" on my B18.
Swapped for a 2.5" and alot better have to say, car has a lot more mid torque. but in addition to my intake mani and larger TB

JDM EG wrote:all b16 series : 2.25'

all b18 series: 2.5"

all k's : 3"

thats what i reckon
:)