Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Valpo500
#49217 hi there... I´m new here!

I´ve been reading around here some time ago... now I need some help!
my car... a 93 ex Ej1... from Costa Rica... Central America!

the idea is to install disc brakes in the rear end. for those of you already did it, how did you?? I need something easy and not too expensive.

thanks for any detail

PD. nice rides you have around here!!! :thumb:
By asianrob
#49220 its really easy everything bolts up you just have to have the metal Emergency brake cables and the Rubber hoses for the Disc brakes
By chrono404
#49221 You can get Disk Brakes from a 94 or 95 Civic EX w/ ABS(has 4wheel Disks) or Get them from any integra. As for the install I am not sure. Someone will chime in soon to give you that info I am sure. I am one of the lucky few who Has 4wheel disk + Abs from the factory.
By k0rean4life
#49226 Its a piece of cake. I use to do at least two a week at the old shop.

Donors:

Interga 94-01

Civic Si or EX

Parts need:

40/40 PV

Rear trailings arms

Hub assembly (99% of time still intact)

E-brake lines

Calibers

and brake lines.

Cost: $50-150

Instructions :

I have to do one next week for a friend and can get pictures than but for now heres a quick link:

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=820484
By Valpo500
k0rean4life wrote:Its a piece of cake. I use to do at least two a week at the old shop.

Donors:

Interga 94-01

Civic Si or EX

Parts need:

40/40 PV

Rear trailings arms

Hub assembly (99% of time still intact)

E-brake lines

Calibers

and brake lines.

Cost: $50-150

Instructions :

I have to do one next week for a friend and can get pictures than but for now heres a quick link:

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=820484

those pictures could be great 'cause I like my upgrades homemade!!

thanks for the link, its really useful. let me know if you can get the pictures.

thanks
By LowTEC-Derbo
#49273 integra brake cables will NOT bolt up to oem holes.. You need

ABS Coupe or Sedan rear disc parking cables to fit in the oem spots. I am running coupe abs parking cables :thumb:

all 4x100 rear disc brakes..are identical from 92-00 civics or 94-01 integras.
By Bouli
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:integra brake cables will NOT bolt up to oem holes.. You need

ABS Coupe or Sedan rear disc parking cables to fit in the oem spots. I am running coupe abs parking cables :thumb:

And that is the right info :wink:

You MAY can use hatch parking brake cables, but they are too short.. so it will result in a fight to get them on... :lol: and it will not work properly..
By k0rean4life
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:integra brake cables will NOT bolt up to oem holes.. You need

I forgot to mention that... good caught :thumb:
By Valpo500
#49330 I just bought a complete set from a 99 integra. my car is asking for new brake cables weeks ago, I'm doing both things at the same time.

I´m doing the change during next week at my garage and its my first time.
Who can help me with like a kind of instructions?? I know its really ease and I´ve done several physical investigations on my rear suspension (installed coilovers 3 times :lol: ).

Any special details??

thanks