Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By chrono404
#48510 Last Night/This Morning someone tried to steal my car, Smashing out the Drivers Side Window. They couldn't get passed the cars security thankfully.

I am getting a Door(*with non-broken window*) from a Civic Coupe from a friend of mine this afternoon, I will then attempt to swap in the unbroken window. What I want to know is if anyone here has ever done this. With as much as our cars are stolen, or atleast attempted to be stolen I would figure so. Does anyone have any helpful advice? tips/tricks they have done in the past? or something to avoid?
By asianrob
#48513 i replace driver window in my sedan

its not too hard after you clean every part of your door you slide it in
its nice to have an extra set of hands too but dont really need it
and once you get it on track it should be easy street after that go ahead and lube up your tracks while your at it
By CivicTypeR
#48518 You where lucky it was the door window, as the back windows are glued in. Replacing the door window isn't too hard, once you've taken out the door card it's pretty self explanitrary.
By BLACKS' COUPE
#48522 I would recommend getting a kill switch that ONLY YOU know where its at. This has helped me so i wont get my car jacked. i rather replace a window 100 times than having to replace my eg once.. [/u]
By chrono404
BLACKS' COUPE wrote:I would recommend getting a kill switch that ONLY YOU know where its at. This has helped me so i wont get my car jacked. i rather replace a window 100 times than having to replace my eg once.. [/u]

I have 2 kill switches. atm, Both well hidden and Only me and my Dad know of there locations. This is most likely why I still have my EG.

Thanks for the Info Guys, It will com in useful this afternoon.
By teal_dx
#48536 pul off the door panel and study the inside. then there's 2 white tabs at the bottom of the window holding it to the regulator. it's a straight swap. The tricky part is putting the new one in perfect the first time, it's a little hard to get it in the rubber surround all the way.
By chrono404
#48705 My Friend didn't sell me the Door/Window. I have been looking around at Junkyards all over the state of washington, and None of them have 92-95 Civic Coupe Driver Side Windows.

My Current Question is will a 92-95 Civic Hatchback Window fit in the Coupe Door? If so It will help broaden my search for a new Window.
By teal_dx
chrono404 wrote:My Current Question is will a 92-95 Civic Hatchback Window fit in the Coupe Door? If so It will help broaden my search for a new Window.

Yes. The doors are the same
By chrono404
#48743 I posted an Ad on Craigslist. Then 15 mins later someone called and lived 15mins away and was selling one. It was awesome. Anyways I got my Window in.

If anyone is reading this for advice on what to do when it happens to you, here are some Tips:

- Clean used window before installing, alot easier then when its on the car
- Look over how to do the procedure in a repair Manual, The Haynes book I had didn't show how to place the glass in, but it showed other useful info on taking apart door and such.
- When putting in the Glass on a Coupe or Hatchback Front Door. Tip the Front of the Glass into the slide rail, Then tip the back in. Having a Second Person helping is Very Highly Recommended.
By 94ej1cpe
#99403 hey thanks for the advice. my plans in the first place was to go with chrome engine management, but i went to a performance shop up here in Ca. and they did not recomend going with chrome because of glitches the soft ware has. but Hondata is a lil too pricey and i was thinking if neptune is a good setup, how is it treating u???
oh yeah i just painted the headlights blue for a cool blue tone, then the paint started chipping so i took it off, ill post more pics soon. anywayz thanks again for the advice..
By smokinsoljah420
#99407 question chrono and who ever else has done this... My passenger side is off track. Are there no side clips? just two on the bottom? cause if so then it means the bottom rear one has gone completly. Thanks guys! :thumb:
By smokinsoljah420
#99442 so if it tilts foward when rolling up that means the rear isnt connected correct? :?
By christy
#101041 nope, just shitty honda window rubbers... try lubing the front one a bit. mine does it all the time, pisses me off!