Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By archie915
#48003 Hey, hows everyone doing? I usually don't post much on forums, I am more of the lurking type, but I had a question that I couldn't seem to find the answer to.
Anyways, I bought a 95 coupe back in january, and among other problems, I noticed that the sunroof has no controls to it. I assumed this was a DX model, and that it came with a manual sunroof, since, everything else was manual. My question is, did honda have manual sunroofs in the 95 coupe? and if so, where can I find the crank for it. I have only seen information about powered sunroofs, but there is no evidence of a switch or harness for it. The previous owner redid the headliner, its a pretty crappy job, but before I dive in and cut it up I wanted to know what I was dealing with...any help is great, thanks
Rich 8)
By stefan
#48010 Only thing I can think of;
If it's stock, the previous owner put it in himself, as a dummy I suppose, or a project still to finish.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#48011 Yeah I don't think any civics had manual sunroofs, if he re-did the liner maybe he cut the roof and put in the sunroof himself.

Also, didn't sunroof's only come on Sis and Exs? Maybe you could buy a sunroof control switch and hook it up to your harness and mount it on the dash.
By CivicTypeR
#48020 Civic DX is the standard base model of the Honda Civic, it never came with a Sunroof.
By asianrob
#48021 its probably one of those pop up sun roofs
By BAXTER_EJ1
#48052 Pics?
By archie915
#48063 No, it is not a pop up sunroof. If it is aftermarket, they did a pretty good job installing it, to the point where I don't believe the last owners would lay down that kind of cash. What about the ex models? Did they have sunroofs? It just looks really clean, as in it wasn't a hack job install, nor was it a cheap pop-up. I guess I will have to tear back the headliner and post up some picks for you guys.
Rich
By asianrob
#48067 easiest way to tell if it is a HONDA sun roof is look at the glass is ti dark tint and or bronze and more important is the rubber seal around the glass and not the body?
By stefan
#48117 Sorry for the big picture;
Does it look like this, or slightly different...
Do note the rubber seal is around the glass, not the body, and also the tint of it.