Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By MI_excoupe
#47965 i heard that if you are looking to do body work you can take your driver/passenger fender and put them up to the corresponding rear quarter panel that it is almost a perfect match fitment wise... has anyone ever tried this before? i had never even heard of anyone attempting this until last night..
By Chance
#47969 eh? never heard that before :headscratch:
By Bouli
#47971 Never tried it before.. but think it could work with some adjustments
By stefan
#47984 Why would you want to do that? (an aftermarket panel fits really good and is cheap too)
I don't know if it'll fit btw, because the front fenders arch is more extruded than the rear panels arch.
Last edited by stefan on Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Gorveatt
#47998 It's if you cut out the arch's from the fenders they will work, the drivers front works on the passenger rear, and vice versa. and it's not the entire fender, just the arch.
By stefan
#48009 Edited my post, I didn't put it in writing as I meant saying it :P
By teal_dx
#48015 never heard it before, but whoever figured that out was a good thinker :thumb:

They must have not known that they could buy replacement rear 1/4 panels for $100 a pair though
By MI_excoupe
#48065 yeah i didnt think that it would work all that great either.. its just one of those things that i had to be sure of... i didnt want to try it on my car and then realize that it doesnt work.. thanks guys.
By MASTERBUILDER
#87971 where can you buy rear 1/4 panels for 100 a pair?