Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By CScivic22
#42560 i am frustrated now about my car, lately i been feeling like i will not be able to fix it up enough to where i like it, dont get me wrong i love my car but i feel like when i do one thing another thing goes wrong! :x i was thinking of just saving money and getting a teg. idk though cuz i like the civics! this is so frustrating! i wanna eventually just put a gsr engine in my civic but why not just buy an integra gsr with the engine in it already? idk what to do help me out here guys!
By chrono404
CScivic22 wrote:i wanna eventually just put a gsr engine in my civic but why not just buy an integra gsr with the engine in it already? idk what to do help me out here guys!

If you just buy a GSR Integra, then Race your civic with a GSR. You will loose to the GSR Civic if both engines are identical in terms of mods. The Civic will be much more fun. Plus our cars look better :thumb:

It can be frustrating having problems on your car. luckily i have had few. However it is to be expected on 14+ year old cars.
By BAXTER_EJ1
#42569 You might run into more problems with the teg you buy...

THe thing is, you KNOW what you've done to your car, you've already improved it, restored it, put so much time and effort into it.

If you buy a used teg you're not sure what the previous owner did and it's hard to tell exactly what you're getting in terms of engine condition and also the condition of the frame.

Just think, in 10 more years how much rarer our 'vics will be, and how pimp you'll be rolling in a mint 1995 honda :hehe:

Unfortunately we're all biased here :lol: . It's ultimately up to you, go out on a limb, take a risk, mix things up a bit and get a GSR teg, or just stick it through and restore your love for your civic :thumb:
By asianrob
#42571 come to the dark side :D haha j/k
By CScivic22
#42580 it would probably be cheaper to just save money for the engine anyways, and it true about the fact that idk what i am buying in terms of the frame and stuff i didnt even think of that, i guess there just gonna be lots of work to be done to my car i have now, haha even though i like the tegs too, i think i might stick with the civic and just swap the motor and the dash like i wanted to do haha its still a tough decision, give me some more pros and cons people! haha i need more ideas to help me decide. thanks alot in advance
By chrono404
#42581 Pros:
- You already own your Civic.
- You have done tons of work to your Civic, Less stuff to repair in the future
- Know the History of your Civic
- 92-95 Civics are Lighter then the 94-01 Integras
- 92-95 Civic with GSR engine will have better mileage and be Faster then GSR Integra.

Cons:
- Have to Find and Buy GSR Integra
- Might have to replace parts on Integra already replaced on Civic
- No clue on History of Integra
- 94-01 Integras are heavier then 92-95 civics, Therefore Worse mileage, and Performance.
- 94+ Integras have been on the top 15 Stolen Cars list Since 2001, they go by year therefore the Integra is on the list multiple times. Most of these are most likely the GSR Integra.
- Higher Insurance Costs over the Civic
- 94+ Integras Have less legroom then the 92-95 Civic

I am sure there are More. These are all I can think of. Dont get me wrong I love 94-01 Integras. My Mom owns a 2001 Integra LS, I drive it every once in a while, However I love my 94 Civic, I would never trade my Civic for an Integra.
By CScivic22
#42583 awesome!!!! that practically does it for me haha thanks alot, its just gonna be alot of work to my car, especially for the paint. i wanna repaint my car but how do you paint the engine bay without getting paint on everything and without taking out the whole engine?
By asianrob
#42590 - 94-01 Integras are heavier then 92-95 civics, Therefore Worse mileage, and Performance.
- 94+ Integras have been on the top 15 Stolen Cars list Since 2001, they go by year therefore the Integra is on the list multiple times. Most of these are most likely the GSR Integra.
- Higher Insurance Costs over the Civic

i'mma have to stop you right there!

integras are not that much heavier than civics 95 EX-ABS coupe and 95 LS teg about 150lb difference not really Worse gas or performance so we cant really put weight in to this i read so much about this on Honda Tech 99-00 Si is 100 LBS less than a GSR teg

Civics are also topping that is list to

State farm
1. 1991 Honda Accord
2. 1995 Honda Civic
3. 1989 Toyota Camry
4. 1994 Dodge Caravan
5. 1994 Nissan Sentra
6. 1997 Ford F150 Series
7. 1990 Acura Integra
8. 1986 Toyota Pickup
9. 1993 Saturn SL
10. 2004 Dodge Ram Pickup

MSN
1. 2001 BMW M Roadster
2. 1998 Acura Integra
3. 2004 Mercury Marauder
4. 1999 Acura Integra
5. 1995 Acura Integra
6. 2002 Audi S4
7. 1996 Acura Integra
8. 1997 Acura Integra
9. 2001 Acura Integra
10. 2000 Jaguar XJR
Various banks
1. Toyota Camry
2. Honda Accord
3. Honda Civic
4. Oldsmobile Cutlass/Supreme/Ciera
5. Jeep Cherokee/Grand Cherokee
6. Chevrolet Full-Size C/K Pickup Truck
7. Toyota Corolla
8. Ford Taurus
9. Chevrolet Caprice
10. Ford F-150 Pickup Truck
etc

not really higher insurance

my insurance on my 92 Civic SI was 10 dollars HIGHER than my Integra LS
By boostjunkie
#42594 Patience my brotha, patience. Everyone runs into snags building their cars, its just part of the game. Ive been building mine for 4 years and I still run into problems. Just stick with it, in the end you'll enjoy it much much more.
By chrono404
#42649 DC4Rob:
My moms 2001 Acura Integra LS(Auto), being driven my mid 40's mom costs more to insure then my 1994 Honda Civic EX ABS Coupe, being driven by a 20 year old(me).

You are correct on the Weight, they are closer then i thought. however the Integras are heavier, but not enough to make to much of a difference.

92-95 Civics are stolen, however Integras are stolen a whole lot more.

I just made a list of things I could think of on the top of my head at the time.
I still highly recommend keeping your Civic and swapping in a GSR into it. Once done you will be satisfied with your car.
By Gorveatt
#42651 CScivic22 i know exactly how you feel, my car needs a bunch of repairs, and one moment i feel i should just get rid of it and buy a teg. but on the other i feel i should keep the hatch, i have no payments on this car. and once i get it fixed i will be set with a car that runs great. and works well.

So unless something drastic happens then i'm going to keep the hatch for now.

but i feel your pain
By Apexracing
#42656 hey why not swap a b16 into your civic costs a bit less and can bee tuned well also. and hatches are a little lighter than a coupe thus being even more lighter than a teg, plus i just think civics are a more reliable car in general. in my opinon.
By asianrob
chrono404 wrote:DC4Rob:
My moms 2001 Acura Integra LS(Auto), being driven my mid 40's mom costs more to insure then my 1994 Honda Civic EX ABS Coupe, being driven by a 20 year old(me).

You are correct on the Weight, they are closer then i thought. however the Integras are heavier, but not enough to make to much of a difference.

92-95 Civics are stolen, however Integras are stolen a whole lot more.

I just made a list of things I could think of on the top of my head at the time.
I still highly recommend keeping your Civic and swapping in a GSR into it. Once done you will be satisfied with your car.

yea i dunno why your was higher on the teg than your coupe lol all i know i was happy to see my insurance go down (for me) when i got my integra and i jsut turned 20

and this is why you want a teg right here lol

http://youtube.com/watch?v=XvjxP3sYMyk
By CScivic22
#42845 well it looks like i will be keeping my civic! i just need some convincing every now and then when shit seems impossible haha. thanks guys ill be keeping the civic and updating with pictures around here somewhere when i get more done.