Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By CScivic22
#42485 got a quick question, is it possible to install a moon/sun roof in a car that does not have one? is that possible at all? and whats the difference between a sun roof and a moon roof, i am looking to put in one that i can just manually flip up. thanks
By Apexracing
#42489 sunroof flips up and locks, moon roof is electric can flip up or slide back. yes i know then can be installed i don't know exactly how to do it but there are shops that can do the instalation
By asianrob
#42490 its possible there are shops out there that do it id USE OEM parts its a lot cleaner and better and on the sunroof cars the Edges are rolled and not just cut and rubber seal the rubber seal is on the glass it self sun roof (EX coupe Si hatch integra 3Dr) goes out and on top of roof and moon roof opens and goes in the roof
By CScivic22
#42493 does anyone know how to do it yourself or is there a diy out there somewhere? i am interested in this and the fact that i work in a body shop i would have all the tools i needed to do it i think, i just need to know how.
By asianrob
CScivic22 wrote:does anyone know how to do it yourself or is there a diy out there somewhere? i am interested in this and the fact that i work in a body shop i would have all the tools i needed to do it i think, i just need to know how.

since you work for a body shop easiest (but i guess the longest time consuming) is that i read that people would Buy the roof a car that had an existing sunroof (ex: your case you could go to the Junk yard and Cut the Roof of an EX coupe and cut your roof and replace it with that ) or as the other shops do it cut a hole in your existing roof and do it like that
By BAXTER_EJ1
#42523 I asked this question a while ago before I bought my new EJ1.

I was told that for the trouble it would cause it's almost not worth it, and also the cost. I guess if you're doing all the work yourself you only have to worry about the frustration and time.

The biggest issues from what I collected was ensuring it was sealed properly and didn't leak. If you had water leaking under your roof and down your C-pillars that could cause big problems.

Cutting off a roof and welding it on yours would probably be the easiest way to avoid that problem, but then you also have to worry about welding it correctly and safely.

I dunno man, all-in-all it's a HUGE task with a lot of problems, but that never stops some people. Props if you decide to try it, and let us watch :thumb:
By asianrob
BAXTER_EJ1 wrote:I asked this question a while ago before I bought my new EJ1.

I was told that for the trouble it would cause it's almost not worth it, and also the cost. I guess if you're doing all the work yourself you only have to worry about the frustration and time.

The biggest issues from what I collected was ensuring it was sealed properly and didn't leak. If you had water leaking under your roof and down your C-pillars that could cause big problems.

Cutting off a roof and welding it on yours would probably be the easiest way to avoid that problem, but then you also have to worry about welding it correctly and safely.

I dunno man, all-in-all it's a HUGE task with a lot of problems, but that never stops some people. Props if you decide to try it, and let us watch :thumb:

exactly id go get a car with a sunroof imo alot easier and the fastest way lol
By hondalowlow
#42660 ^x2 most aftermarket installs leak after a while you dont want smelly interior do you?
By CivicTypeR
hondalowlow wrote:^x2 most aftermarket installs leak after a while you dont want smelly interior do you?

X3! so ture! I had a sunroof fitted to my other car (wont say what car lol) and it was fitted by a pro, after a year, it started to leak. I find a great modification like this, that if it goes wrong, you're stuffed. If you really want a sunroof, I wouldfind a Civic with one that was fitted by the factory.

OEM FTW :thumb: