Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By brandoff88
#359184 kind of an odd question, I have a d15b7 with a y8 manifold (97) and deleted the charcoal canister, I don't really want to leave the hose just chillin in the bay, was wondering if I could run that line to the cruise control nipple on the back of the y8 intake manifold (I have an nrg setup so no cruise for me lol) that way I don't have to cap either one, I mean I know that the evap system essentially does the same thing( purges the vapors back into the manifold) but I was curious if the constant vacuum would be an issue. any advice is much appreciated, just trying to keep my bay clean and clutter free.

EDIT: this is in a 97 ex coupe, I know this an eg forum but I trust this forum more than any info on the web, I also know there is a valve tied into that line at the rear near the tank, I'm just not certain on its function(why/when/how/etc) I know it regulates the vapors in some way, but that's about it lol...not liking obd2 at the moment [smilie=BangHead.gif]
By brandoff88
#359185 was doing some more research, and found that the 2 way check valve only releases vapor when the pressure in the tank exceeds the check valves parameters, so in theory even if the intake manifold is pulling vacuum on that line the valve should keep it from venting prematurely, since the valve relies on pressure from the tank side to open and vent the vapor correct?
By suspendedHatch
#359192 It's not going to work right.
Your intake manifold only has vacuum at idle. Open the throttle and no more vacuum.
Are you talking about the line from the fuel tank? You're fine with your fuel tank pushing gasoline vapors into your engine bay every time the sun goes down?
Full disclosure IMO it's super ricey to delete functional equipment on a street car.
By brandoff88
#359196 well, I'm running a d15b7 and p06 in my 97 civic(y8 was blown up and this motor was free lol) so none of it is going to work properly anyway, so should I just run the line back out towards the rear of the car instead. and yes I realize it only pulls vacuum at idle, also I'm not too sure id be wanting fuel vapor accumulating in my intake manifold all night lol....