Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By CScivic22
#41047 i think i posted before but could not find it and figured that if i explained it more i would get a better answer. so here goes, my car kind of thumps or bumps over bumps in the road, kind of a hard sound but not terrible, it does this when i go over bumps in the road, and it also does it when i push on my brakes at certain times more when i am going faster, it kind of jumps up and down and makes the same thumping noise, like th-th-th-th-th-thh-ump. i need to know what it is to fix it and how hard would it be to fix? thanks in advance
By LowTEC-Derbo
#41049 might be your torque mounts and rear mounts are out.

get someone to put the handbrake on and engage 1st gear while someone opens the hood and looks at the engine bay to see if the engine rocks alot.

also double check your balljoints. they might be messed up.
By ChicagoMike
#41050 If you're on stock shocks I'd say they are blown.
By CivicTypeR
#41062 Wheel barings/ball joints, check to see if they're lubed. If not, buy some greese, this is a problem that i had. But only when cornering. My barings where dry, applied greese and the thumping/knocking stopped.