Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By piratevtis86
#357745 Hiya guys so I read the sticky on not starting, rather ask your opinions please, ok so came out one day and she wouldn't start was fine up untill then, it cranks, has a spark from the coil and a better one since I swapped the coil, but no spark at the plugs I tested with a spark tester, swapped for oem dizzy cap, New rotor, no codes from ecu, fuel pump priming and pushing fuel from the nut on top of the filter banged the tank too, main relay tested fine no solder cracks, grounds all good terminals ok battery is fine, it has factory immobilizer and alarm have been told this cuts starter signal which I am getting at the main relay when de immobilized, any ideas much appreciated please [smilie=BangHead.gif]
By EconoBox
#357746 If you have an aftermarket bobo MSD pos installed return everything back to stock. Make sure you have NGK resistor type spark plugs (the part number you need is on the emissions label on your hood) or the equivalent Denso spark plug.

Now that you've checked all that...
You say you have spark at the coil, have fuel, car cranks but doesn't start.
1. Put the OEM cap and rotor on. With the OEM cap installed pull the spark plug wire slightly off the distributor cap and let it hang just enough to see a gap. Have someone turn the car over and watch for spark.
-Yes, I saw the pretty blue/white spark! Go to step 2
-No, I didn't see a spark. Start over(Diagnose ICM, Coil, Cap and rotor not properly installed)

2. Pull out the spark plugs and set them on top a rag on the motor. Plug them into the spark plug wires and have someone turn the car over, again look for spark.
-Yes, I saw the pretty blue/white spark. Spark isn't your issue to the car not starting.
-No, I didn't see any spark. You have bad spark plug wires. Go buy some Honda OEM ones or the blue NGK wires from your local autoparts store. The MSD ones and other aftermarket brands are notoriously prone to failure.
By piratevtis86
#357767 Thanks for ur reply
So today I swapped the icm and checked it was firing at the plugs to which it was,
Put them all back in and she heavily spluttered to life and sat there running fine for 10 min, went for a drive and I hav found when I full throttle she boggs out a bit then picks up slowly, didn't do it at top revs tho, and hit the gas from a start and the engine stalls and pops then pump gas to start again, oh and engine bay is all standard