Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Remoe
#357556 So I just bought a ej1 shell and it already had the stock wire hareness intact, I took the d15b7 I had in my 92 civic cx hb, motor ran real healthy till I swapped it into the Ej1, now my timing is completely off, it stays at about 1500 rpm's, I have to rev the gas high in order to get it running, I put in the ecu that I had for the d15b7 because the shell did not come with one, its quiet cold and it will turn off, with out idling. Help Please, this is my daily car. :( :( :( :(
By TrailerTrash
#357567 what did you do to throw the timing off? are you positive the timing is off?

maybe you dont have something hooked up right or something got messed up during the engine install
By teal_dx
#357568 Is the check engine light on? If so, what's the code?

It would also help if you gave us specific details on what you did to the engine and how you installed it.
By TrailerTrash
#357582 keep it to one thread dude
By Remoe
#357584 My Check engine light was not on in my hatch, i plugged in everything right, once i did the swap, It just started running off, It Idles At 1500 and I Have Tried Adjusting The Dizzy, But I Still Get The Same Issues. i Didnt Mess w Any Lines, I Just Plugged In The Harness To The Motor And Plugged In My ECU From My Hatch. Ill Try Getting The Code Asap.
Im Fairly New To The Honda Game, So I Dont Know Certain Things, But Im Learning.
By Remoe
#358238 Sorry, For Not Getting Back To You Guys w The Codes.
My Father Was Recently Killed, And Ive Had To Set My Car Aside For A While.

I Pulled The Code It Gave Me 3 & 17 ( Short-Short-Short -Pause- Long - Short(x7)
Which Was Map Sensor And VSS.
By teal_dx
#358248 Wow that's awful. I'm really sorry for your loss man :( :( :(

I'd check the map sensor out - make sure none of the wires are damaged.

One thing that I just thought of... the hatch your engine was from is a 92, so it had the firewall mounter MAP. The car you put the engine into is a 1995, and those had the MAP mounted on top of the throttle body. So depending on which harness you used, I'm wondering if you got the right plug on the MAP sensor. Because the MAP was in different locations, the correct plug may not have reached? What colors are the wires going to the MAP sensor?

VSS is on the transmission, on the top back. See if it's plugged in and if the plug might have gotten smashed/cracked. If the wiring is good, then it might just be time for a new VSS. Often the speedometer will bounce around/stop working when a VSS is going bad.