Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Remoe
#358419 Bought Map Sensor But The Harness That Came In The Ej1 Does Not Have A Plug In, Also I Read That The 92 Civics Has Map Sensor On The Firewall. The Throttle Body On The Engine Does Not Have Map Sensor On Top, Just The Side. I Have Pictures, But Wont Let Me Post Using My iPhone
By teal_dx
#358420 So which kind of map sensor did you buy and which one do you need? it sounds like you bought one for firewall?

The Harness That Came In The Ej1 Does Not Have A Plug In.
The Ej1 harness does not have a throttle body MAP sensor plug? Or a firewall MAP plug?

Here's a quick DIY on adding a MAP to a swap that doesn't have one on the throttle body:http://civic-eg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7677

Also, What year is your EJ1?
By Remoe
#358426 I Think Ive Found The Solution, Im Guessing That My Car Is In Limp Mode, Idling At About 1700Rpms , And Running Like Crap. Due To Not Having A Firewall Mounted Map Sensor That You Would Find In A 92 Cx , Since Ive Swapped The D15b7 Into The Ej1 Which Originally Comes with A D16z6, I Cant Find No Plug In For Map Sensor, Only To The TPS, So Im Guessing Cutting And Splicing A Plug Into The D16z6 Harness, Or Getting One Of Those Bypass Firewall Map Sensor Mounts. What Do You Think ?
By teal_dx
#358435 I'm not familiar with the bypass mount... Not sure how you can bypass needing a MAP sensor. Can you post a link?
By brandoff88
#359189 my buddy had the same problem, we swapped in my jdm d15b vtec , he had the tps/map plugs switched, wouldn't stay running, would bog and misfire real bad lol...try switching the two and I'm almost certain your issue will go away
By suspendedHatch
#359191 You can't bypass a MAP sensor. That's insane. All fuel injected cars have to have a way to read load. MAP or MAF. Hondas are MAP.
Both harnesses have a MAP sensor plug. You have it plugged into the wrong thing or crammed into a crevice where you can't see it.