Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By RatRod
#353867 was just driving my 95 ej1, its basicaly a d15 mini me, injen intake, skunk2 4-2-1 exhaust.

Its an obd2 with alot of electrical issues when i baught it (has a rebuild title) and even had scotch tape on parts of the harness, i repaired all the wiring i could find in an interior tear down and got all issues sorted out as far as a know.

but now after and during a quick rip to the store in the rain my lights dimmed, then got too bright, then dimmed, then my tach and speedo whent shakey finaly leading to all my voltage gone. Made it home where the car died.

It did it a few weeks ago in rain but less violently. I cant find any issues with the wiring and its a brand new alternator... any idea guys??

thanks
By RatRod
#353870 it seams to solve itself by drying out overnight but it sucks, it rains alot here
By teal_dx
#353872 sounds like you have a short or poor connection in the wiring. Finding the short is the fun part. I'd look at the wiring related to the charging system first.
By FlopUrDonk
#353873 So by dead do you mean no crank when you try to start it? My car was having a bad electrical problem as well. But not weather related. Just lost power and ignition and fuel would cut off randomly. :weee: Crank/ No start. Turned out to be the ground to my ECM.
By RatRod
#353875 its like the alternator dies in the rain, so the battery dies
By RatRod
#353892 It did it today and it was sunny allday. lost alternator power.

Checked
All fuses
took off and cleaned all grounds, and positive conections

I also took my underhood fuse box off and theres no eld. Just the 4 big plugs in the back. this is driving me nuts.

Also just put on a brand new battery yesterday. alternators about 2 months old

Any ideas?
By RatRod
#353893 anything?
By suspendedHatch
#353962 Seems like the voltage regulator on the alternator, despite it being only 2 months old. Not sure how the weather plays into it though, perhaps the humidity?

If you have a warranty on the alternator, why not try changing it again? It's a pain but it's like an hour or two of your life and then you've eliminated the main suspect.