Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By theforce
#348211 Hey fellas,

I lowered my DC Integra front and back with short shocks and had no problem with tyre wear after driving for I'd say 5000kms. Upon doing wheel alignment and covering same distance, I have horrible tyre wear on the inside of my fronts and only left rear. The shop couldn't find the right specs of my car on their system so they picked closest specs they could find. I got a feeling they didn't do the alignment properly, what do you guys think?

Also, I've got this rattling noise, kinda like key chain rattling at low speeds and idle. I recorded a video of it, can anyone see if they can pick up what it might be? Also worth mentioning is that the engine does burn quite a bit of engine oil.

http://youtu.be/jTul5LD4XUg
By teal_dx
#348214 I'd say the shop did a bad job. I wouldn't go back there again.

Hard to hear over the high pitched squeaking in the video... but is it just valvetrain noise?
By theforce
#348228 I got the shop to check the alignment again and all 4 wheels were out. He said to get a "proper mechanic" to sort out the toe, caster and camber and then come back for alignment and new tyres. So I tried another shop who said that we may need front and rear kits for camber to adjust it back to 0 camber.

Does this mean I have to invest in some F+R camber kit? I've read that toe can cause more tyre wear than camber.

Also, that high pictching noise is what I'm referring to, its like keys on a key chain rattling, any idea?