Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By jestery2k1015
#346374 as of now my car is fucked on the side of the road a couple days ago the transmission was grabbing and letting go all the way home from work. its an automatic i stopped put some tranny fluid to see if that would help kinda not really it kept the same all the way home. yesterday i wake up to go to work before i leave i put tranny fluid in the car. i drive off the car is running like a champ its shifting like it should. when i get close to work i hear a knocking sound that got worse as i went faster a few minutes later theres a big rumble in the engine bay i stop the car wont turn on anymore. turned it on after work but it sounded like pure shit. who has any ideas at it could be.
By teal_dx
#346377 Was the rumble your engine or tranny? When you say car "wont turn on anymore" do you mean wont even crank over or wont fire? Is there fluid leaking? If so what kind of fluid and where is it leaking from? Did anything fall off the car? With the little info we know, it's hard to guess exactly what could have broke.
Crawl under and inspect the engine bay and let us know if anything seems unusual. :thumb:
By jestery2k1015
#346402 i turned it on earlier and it still turns on it just sound like somethings loose in the engine now like i might of broke a piston rod there was no oil leak of any kind everything looked fine motor oil was just a little low after the knock was the rumble then it wouldnt turn on but turned on later on that day after work it sounded super rough
By brandoff88
#350525 bingo, I spun a bearing and that's EXACTLY what happened to me, i forgot to check the oil, driving started knocking and about 2 miles later the car turned off and the oil light came on, put some in turned it on and it sounded like a bucking bull trying to get out of the engine...easy way to check would be to drain the oil in the pan and look for shiny metallic particles, you will def see shiny stuff if a bearing went.