Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By vasquezkito
#341268 I'm looking to buy motor mounts but each time
I look for some I run across "3 post bolt" and
"3 post bolt w/ hydro tranny"
And idk what the differences are cause on my oem
Motor mounts my driver side has 2 holes an on my
Passenger it has 3 holes an idk if there's a difference or
It wouldn't matter which one I get ..
I would appreciate the help
By teal_dx
#341294 I'd post pics and links to the mounts you're buying to be sure, but it sounds like you're referring to the 3-hole tranny mount. If yours has 3 holes, then that's the one you need. But post some pics to be sure. :thumb:
By blk92hb
#341899 The 3 bolt mounts are the driver side mount. If yours is a 2 bolt then that's what you want. Are you planing a motor swap??
By HeikDiesel
#341929 They are talking about the cast mount that bolts to the timing belt side of the engine. If it has two attachment points its a two post (civic) and if it has 3 it's a 3 post (integra)
By xzachrickx
#342918 BOOM SON!!! thats what i was about to say

HeikDiesel wrote:They are talking about the cast mount that bolts to the timing belt side of the engine. If it has two attachment points its a two post (civic) and if it has 3 it's a 3 post (integra)
By jefferydclark
xzachrickx wrote:BOOM SON!!! thats what i was about to say

HeikDiesel wrote:They are talking about the cast mount that bolts to the timing belt side of the engine. If it has two attachment points its a two post (civic) and if it has 3 it's a 3 post (integra)

that's not always true. all EX model civics with a d16z6 has 3 bolts on the driver side as well. that being said. all(American) 92-95 vtec civics and 94-01 integras have the same mount kits. all d15 nonvtec engines in America have 2 bolt post design on the driverside.
By jefferydclark
#342923 i'll make note that jdm d15b vtec engines have 2 post design so that can get a little confusing to a newb in the Honda world. nothing to be ashamed of though. we're all learning.

look at your mount beside the timing belt. if you see just 2 studs with nuts on it then you have the 2 bolt design. if you see 2 studs and a bolt(bolt sits lower) then you need the 3 bolt design. if you're still unsure, post a picture and we can tell you what you need to order. since you have a DX model civic, I want to go out on a limb and say you need the 2 bolt setup unless you've got an engine swap in there.
By HeikDiesel
jefferydclark wrote:
xzachrickx wrote:BOOM SON!!! thats what i was about to say

that's not always true. all EX model civics with a d16z6 has 3 bolts on the driver side as well. that being said. all(American) 92-95 vtec civics and 94-01 integras have the same mount kits. all d15 nonvtec engines in America have 2 bolt post design on the driverside.

They may all have the same mount kit but they always make you clarify if you need a 2 post or 3 post LH mount. To my knowledge I thought all civics were 2 post so my apologies for that but that's still the question he was asking.