Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By jackster.rap
#341252 So i just bought a 95 dx coupe, and its already slammed. It has adjustable coilovers but the guy said i needed a camber kit to save the tires. I recently read the article on here telling me that i did not need it, just needed a proper toe angle. How do i get that proper angle?
By TrailerTrash
#341281 you have to either take it to a shop that does alignments or adjust the toe yourself by using a tape measure and adjusting the tie rods. it can be very tricky but it can be done. you can find videos on youtube

most people confuse toe wear with camber wear
By jackster.rap
#341283 Thank you for the help, gonna star making calls tomorrow.
By teal_dx
#341292 I tried myself once... It's not easy. But yeah, it's toe-out that chews up the insode of your tires. Negative camber will have little impact on tire life compared to a bad toe-out alignment.
By jackster.rap
#341311 So i should asked, do i need to hqve the shop do my back tires as well? Or is it just my front that needs to be adjusted? Sorry if that is a stupid question. Im just trying to get all the info befor i take it to a shop.
By egsedanguy
jackster.rap wrote:So i should asked, do i need to hqve the shop do my back tires as well? Or is it just my front that needs to be adjusted? Sorry if that is a stupid question. Im just trying to get all the info befor i take it to a shop.

I belive the front is all you need. The rear only have camber adjustments. But i would recommend doing all the wheels just in case there is somthing bent in the rear. :thumb:
By HeikDiesel
teal_dx wrote:Rear also has a toe adjustment. I'd get a 4-wheel alignment after raising/lowering suspension. :thumb:

x2. Rear trailing arm bolt is in a slot and can be loosened to adjust toe
By egsedanguy
HeikDiesel wrote:
teal_dx wrote:Rear also has a toe adjustment. I'd get a 4-wheel alignment after raising/lowering suspension. :thumb:

x2. Rear trailing arm bolt is in a slot and can be loosened to adjust toe

I never knew this. but great to know. :thumb:
By kelz781
#343604 That rear sub arm on the trailing arm is the compensator arm for toe adjustments , I deffinatly recommend ordering a pair before the alignment . Just in case there bent a bit you won't get the proper toe (never no what accidents it's been in) *curbs cough cough*
By kelz781
#343605 Also I recommend upper control arms , the more the joint is worn the more camber ware will appear on the tires