Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 92dxeg
#341250 Here is the coupe i got as a dd :)

here is just 3 days later :(

down dump truck backed into a 4 way intersection as i was going threw u guys think its totaled ?
By Phoenix288
#341253 The B Pillar has had it. So you'll need a very good body shop to get it straight and solid again.

This is going to cost you or your insurer... I don't think it is totaled though.
By 92dxeg
#341257 well it was not my fault a town truck backed into a 4 way intersection while i went threw it.. so he insurance will have to take car of it so said lol it was low and slow and auto and i loved it
By 92dxeg
#341266 whats everybody elses thoughts u guys think she is totaled
By Ashwoody
#341267 imo over here that would be a write off no questions asked maybe get it sorted if you know a good body place
By brandoff88
#341274 not worth it, you can pick up a nice decent shell with a blown motor for a grand and swap everything over, plus its auto tragic lol. but if it was what you loved id say save it, ultimately the decision is yours, gl
By 92dxeg
#341284 Well the town would have to fix it if they dont total it and if they total it they would have to give me the value of the car but if its not totaled I would like to fix it I only had it for 3 days
By teal_dx
#341293 Look at the angle of the door gap form top to bottom. That chassis is anything but straight = insurance will total it.

Sometimes insurance will let you buy the car back and you can part it out/scrap it. That way you can keep the GSR wheels and any other goodies that didn't get damaged.

edit: maybe the chassis is not bent, hard to tell without seeing the front of the door gap to compare with the back.
By 92dxeg
#341307 the front of the door is fine has 0 gap at all when the guy backed into to me he just caught the b piller then went back to the c piller
By teal_dx
#341308 I bet they consider it totaled, still. Sorry...
Cost of an entire rear 1/4 panel, glass, door, labor, paint... That's going to cost at least $3k at a body shop. I bet they consider the value of the car to be less than that.

You could buy it pack, keep your wheels, suspension, other mods to put onto another 92-95, part it out and scrap the shell or try to find an entire rear 1/4 skin and do the repair yourself. It's definitely not a novice job though.

I wish that insurance worked like "Hey, I had a mint 1993 civic with only 120k miles, $1k in suspension and a B18 swap" and then you could do a nationwide search and find another one for sale in the south with no rust and equal mods/swap and then their insurance would have to buy you that car and have it shipped to your house.
By jefferydclark
#341309 insurance probably wont fix that. they will just cut you a check. that kind of work is easy 3k. that car bluebooks for maybe 1700? these cars aren't worth as much too the general public as they are to us enthusiasts. if they give you 3k check for the car id take it and buy another shell. and pay the 300 they'll want for you to keep your old shell as a parts car.
By 93sihatchguy
#341348 Sorry to see this happened. Hope you get things fixed.
By 92dxeg
#341363 well i hope it gets all figured out i hope it does not get totaled but it probly will now if it i want the full interior for my hatch cuz its mint in the coupe i mean mint for being 20 years old its not even faded and i have shity ls leather seats in my hatch . now i another thing will the carpet fit in my car as well ? what other things will work i have a eg hatch as well
By 92dxeg
#341377 so the carpet will work ? lol that the only i can look forward too lol depending on how much they give me for the car too.. there at best prob all going to give me 1500 or less for the car it stinks i payed 2200 for it and only had it for 3 day