Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By egsedanguy
#340261 Try searching in the b-series section. You can get better responce. And you need to resurch it and use the search feature. This subject has been descussed billions of times and there is plenty of info on this site as well as others. And it gonna be your preferance. Its up to you and how you want your car to perform. track/drag boost/na i mean there is so many variations that there is not gonna be a forward answer. But if you want a basic swap that anybody with basic knowladge of cars. I say b18b1. obd1. its a strait plug and play and the easiest of the b series. plus there are many modds for it. it a boostable motor with little to no modds to run turbo. but It all preferance. so try searching the b section. im sure you will find all you need :thumb:
By 95_eg_zcvtec
#340278 thanks man for the reply and ive searched but nothig comes up also MY DD jussall motor juss when im up the highway against anything i wanna give'em a good run
By bks84
#340381 my coupe was pretty fun with a b16... stock swap wont give too many cars a "good run" on the highway...
By bietelboer
#340937 I put an B18c1 in my coupé, and it is a lot of fun(and you're just a little bit faster then someone who has a b16a2 in his coupe :wink: )

Its an pretty easy swap, i used:

the B Engine mounts
axles from a B-serie
i re-pinned the ignition from obd2a to obd1
you can use the D-series alternator(you need to fix a small bracket) or you can use a 92/95 obd1 alternator from an B16.
If you want to keep the PS, then jou need an 92/95 b16 PS pump.
you need to put in the VTEC wires and i chose to keep the IAB's so i had to put in that wire.
the shifter rods from the B-serie 92/95 EG

And you need to re-tune the ecu.