Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EJ1Will
#338990 How's it going Civic-EG iv'e had my coupe for a while now and I was just wondering why my trunk wont fly open, it locks and unlocks just fine but I would have to hold the trunk up with my hand or wedge a bar in between the trunk and where the trunk sits, what could be a possible cause of this?
By silverEG8
#338991 I think it has something to do with the dampers. Probably they aren't working right. I have the same problem with my sedan. I still have to pull the trunk lid up.
By TrailerTrash
#338998 they are supposed to open on their own?

my coupe nor my sedan do. they both stay open just fine by themslves but they dont open on their own once popped :?
By brandoff88
#339006 my coupe does lol, theres a couple bars/rods whatever you wanna call them that act as tensionsers I believe and my trunk about broke my nose the first time I opened it :thumbdown:
By EJ1Will
#339011 Im gonna check those out and get back to you guys, you think replacing the trunk would fix the issue ?
By EJ1Will
TrailerTrash wrote:they are supposed to open on their own?

my coupe nor my sedan do. they both stay open just fine by themslves but they dont open on their own once popped :?

Yes, my old coupe I would pull the trunk lever and the trunk would just fly open, the one I have now would only unlock
By silverEG8
EJ1Will wrote:Im gonna check those out and get back to you guys, you think replacing the trunk would fix the issue ?

No need to replace the trunk, just the dampers.
By bks84
junmadrid wrote:
EJ1Will wrote:Im gonna check those out and get back to you guys, you think replacing the trunk would fix the issue ?

No need to replace the trunk, just the dampers.

coupes dont have dampers like the hatches and sedans do.