Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Garrywang
#336515 Man its been a long ass time since I have hit these forums, So I got myself someones given up on project, a 95 EJ coupe with B16A swap from a 2000 Civic SI im pretty sure. The swap was done the hackest way possible and now im trying to trace down leads and figure out what the issue could be. I believe I am not receiving spark or fuel to the motor, im getting power to the coil, ive replaced the cap, rotor, wires and plugs still no spark, im going to be attaching a fuel pressure gauge today to find out if im getting proper fuel pressure. So far the steps I have taken are as I said above, cap, rotor, plugs, and wires, removed a remote starter that was installed before the last owner owned it, which was another absolute hack job set up. I'm weighing my options of purchasing the Rywire harness if this doesn't work, and i don't feel like dropping the 600 bucks on that right now. Any feed back or help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
By Punksz6
#336615 Nice, welcome back. Have you tried testing the icm that is also inside the dizzy Or maybe try switching out the dizzy.
By Garrywang
#336765 Man I tell ya what, after some late nights, and constant wrenching this weekend i got her drive able. The issue was the ECU on the inside was completely corroded out. I got someone to drop a P28 off at my house at 11:30 Wednesday night, and she started spitting wanting to start...to not aggravate my neighbors I waited till the next day and we got it running. It cooked the alternator belt off, and the fan wont kick on, but all minor issues. I am now dealing with 3 engine codes, 1, 22, 43 I got the 43 to clear, and i have ordered a new o2 sensor for 1, and tried cleaning the Vtec solenoid with no avail, so i guess im gunna have to find another one enless anyone has a suggestion.
By myVTEC
#338776 ebay and Craigslist have harnesses or other parts that shouldn't be too expensive and should help you get done what you need to for less than
$600 bucks hopefully . but ya never know lol
also the vtec solenoid and sensor can be gotten from ebay or a salvage yard
from i have saw and researched they aren't cheap new so unless your willing to spend a little bit(150-300 bucks ) id go with a used one if you aren't going the less expensive route however i would recommend a new solenoid set up the billet skunk2 housing and spool cover as it looks much better than the stock vtec casing as it tends to get dirty/fade/whatever
but thats just my personal opinion