Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By FG2_Andrew
#334737 you can send it with heavy grit, hit it with rust prevent. paint, body filler it, and paint it. but it will come back.

or you can pay someone a hefty chunk of change to cut and weld in new panels.
By teal_dx
FG2_Andrew wrote:you can send it with heavy grit, hit it with rust prevent, body filler it, and paint it. but it will come back.

couldnt have said it better :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
teal_dx wrote:
FG2_Andrew wrote:you can send it with heavy grit, hit it with rust prevent, body filler it, and paint it. but it will come back.

couldnt have said it better :thumb:

you could have because i typed "send" and not "sand" :thumbdown: :thumbdown:
By FG2_Andrew
#334740 also, OP:

passenger side looks salvageable if you hit it NOW. drivers side is gonna need cut and welded.
By teal_dx
#334742 Seeing the rust creep up from behind the plastic rocker cover is never good.... It can get pretty ugly behind there. Check out the How to fix your Honda rust thread. I had some rust creeping up from that area and I took off the rocker cover and stabbed the area behind with a screwdriver and it went right through until it looked like Swiss cheese.
By TrailerTrash
#334783 I was in exactly the same rusty boat as you. i chose to save it and glad i did man. unless the rest of the car is in sad shape its worth it to save