Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By kaikohe
#333841 I don't think my engine is grounded correctly.....is there somewhere i can look this up in one of the DIY manuals?
By bigJOE671
kaikohe wrote:I don't think my engine is grounded correctly.....is there somewhere i can look this up in one of the DIY manuals?

Here it is...Look at the ones starting with "G" and "T"

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
By TrailerTrash
#333854 my coupe has a ground going from the alternator bracket to the strut tower :eh:

and i know its not an extra because when i did my last tranny swap it got damaged and the car wouldnt start without it being repaired
By Apexracing
TrailerTrash wrote:my coupe has a ground going from the alternator bracket to the strut tower :eh:

and i know its not an extra because when i did my last tranny swap it got damaged and the car wouldnt start without it being repaired

yea i remember having this one as well, back side of the engine to somewhere on the body below the shock tower i think.
By Ajax1989
#333864 there is one from shock tower to alt

there is one from the head to frame near driver headlight (lhd)

there is one from the transmission to frame

the obvious one from battery to frame
By rustyrex
#333874 When I wired my sound system I made my own grounds.
Trans to body
Alt to battery
Alt to body
Battery to body
Engine block to alt and then to battery.

Keep in mind the best ground on the vehicle is the case of your alt. Make sure it is ground either to a good body ground or to the battery and then the body.
By kaikohe
#333877 Are there any high performance grounding wires out there.....I think I read somewhere on a forum somewhere that if your car is well grounded you could be making more power. but if it isn't properly grounded it could be losing power....as well as not starting of course....maybe someone has heard or read something about that
Last edited by kaikohe on Thu Jul 04, 2013 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bigJOE671
kaikohe wrote:Are there any high performance grounding wires out there.....I think I read somewhere on a forum somewhere that if your car is well grounded you could be making more power. but if it isn't properly grounded it could be losing power....as well as not starting of course....maybe some has heard or read something about that

Its called "the big 3"
By rustyrex
#333880 ^^^no. The big 3 is more then just grounds.

Electricity will take the path of less resistance. Basically the bigger the wires the more current that can be passed making every electrical component operate easier.