Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
Bykutthroatkrow
#333038 As the title states among my many problems I now have a new one. The key won't unlock the car from the outside. It will happily lock it all day, but won't even attempt to unlock it. The interior latch works just fine for both operations, but I don't think it very smart to leave my window down 24/7 despite my car being auto. Any ideas?[/u]
By panic989
#333344 WD40 in the locking mechanism from the key side and behind the inner door panel maybe?
By nicksdelslow
#333369 I have noticed with multiple eg's it sometimes helps to pull the putter handle just a bit to lock and unlock. My sol is bad about not unlocking without pulling out on the handle a bit.
By nd1983
nicksdelslow wrote:I have noticed with multiple eg's it sometimes helps to pull the putter handle just a bit to lock and unlock. My sol is bad about not unlocking without pulling out on the handle a bit.

i have to do this with my drivers door on my eg8 when locking the door from inside
By HeikDiesel
nd1983 wrote:
nicksdelslow wrote:I have noticed with multiple eg's it sometimes helps to pull the putter handle just a bit to lock and unlock. My sol is bad about not unlocking without pulling out on the handle a bit.

i have to do this with my drivers door on my eg8 when locking the door from inside

This is normal
By nd1983
HeikDiesel wrote:
nd1983 wrote:

This is normal

whats the cause of it? as this could be the cause of the OP's issue aswell
Bykutthroatkrow
#333405 Nah the inside locks and unlocks fine. Yes you have to pull the handle on the inside, its security. I'm talking about the key not working in the door anymore.
By HeikDiesel
nd1983 wrote:
HeikDiesel wrote:
nd1983 wrote:

This is normal

whats the cause of it? as this could be the cause of the OP's issue aswell

I think it's supposed to help from locking keys inside. OP's problem sounds like the linkage from the key to the lock has problems whereas the inside lock linkage is fine. I'm sure as soon as you pull the door pannel and plastic you'll see the problem
Bykutthroatkrow
#333789 Well I completely disassembled my door to fix the regulator and everything is hooked up. Kinda feels like I have the wrong key, but my ignition only works with my key, curiosity begged me to try my friends key.
By Apexracing
#333851 Yea sounds like the lock cylinder might be damaged or stuck. Does it unlock with the linkage only?
Bykutthroatkrow
#333882 If by linkage you mean the switch inside then yes. Imma quit messing with it and just buy a new cylinder set with keys.
By HeikDiesel
#333997 Does the tumbler in the outside handle turn when you use the key? Sounds like something is either stuck in there or you have the wrong key for that lock. You can always redo that lock to match. There a diy on honda-tech that I've seen awhile back
Bykutthroatkrow
#334000 When I bought the car the key worked in the door then one day it just quit working. The key will lock the door still, but that only is 50% of what I need
By HeikDiesel
#334001 I gotcha so it will lock but won't unlock. I had to re-read the OP. I'd see if I could get that tumbler out and put a different one in.