Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By broony
#36969 Not sure but i think my fuel gauge is fooked. i filled the car up and after a day or two i have 3/4 of a tank left and i noticed when i turned the engine off the needle didnt drop is it foobared???

im going to see after i've done anouther 100 miles if it moves then this will confirm its shagged.

What should i do get a new cluster?? are they easy to change or is it the sensor in the tank??
By broony
#37027 well fuel gauge is moving, so im assuming it must stay to the level of fuel in the tank even with ignition turned off,

Glad i dont have to change speedo:)
By yashep
#37031 maybe the bouy inside your tank is messing up, check from time to time to see.
By chrono404
#37833 My EJ1's Gas gauge never goes down when I power off the car.

All of my Friends Civics gas gauges act the same. Therefore I would call it normal.
By OmarG
#44652 Mine is odd too. when I fill her up, the needle tends to stay at full for a couple of days/50 miles. then it will tend to move normally until I do my WOT thing then it will move down about 3-4 millimeters from where it was originally. after a few minutes it will return to where it was. Is this normal?

O.o
By BAXTER_EJ1
#44653 I wouldn't worry, accelerating, going up on-ramps and down off-ramps from highways and your car being on angles will affect the fuel gauge reading.

Just have a somewhat decent idea of how much gas you have, and when the light comes on you know you have to fill up. Mine was really bad and now it's not quite as bad. If you know you have 30L in there then screw what it says.
By OmarG
#44654 cool. I figured as much.

yours lights up when nearing empty? nifty. mine just has the needle on red.

XD
By Gorveatt
#44680 people the needle moving is 100% normal when driving, and 100% normal to not move till the car is started...

My old toyota use to make the needle drop when i shut it off, and drove me nuts. at least with it not moving you know if you need to get gas before you start it up.
By CivicTypeR
#44683 The fuel guage is ment to stay active when the ignition is switched off. Every Civic is the same. This is also the same thing on some cars with the temp guage.

Like Teal said too, this happens to me on corners. I love left turns :thumb:
By id3379
#48464 yup, mine stays put when i turn my car off

also likes to jump around on hills and turns :]