Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Serge_99
#332739 I'm running a stock gsr with p28 I wanna get it chip. I was reading
Into chip p28 for a gsr base with chrome. What do you guys think?
Its my dd and Im not looking into spending a lot of money. Any suggestions
On what to do?
By panic989
#332743 I went to a local shop, I have a p28 myself, and opted to buy a p06 ecu that he soldered in a few resistors and made a made a new base map chip and turned that into a p72 for $125. He didn't say what he used to do it but it was literally just a chip he replaced and converted into a GSR base map.
By Serge_99
#332780 I'm running my stock p28 now and I feel like I'm not getting the power I should.i might get the ecu chipped with gsr base with chrome. Should i go a different route since its a dd or is that sound like ok?
By panic989
#332781 You aren't getting the power you should be because you are running a single can ecu in a dual cam car. I bought a whole other ecu for mine because I'm going to run my p28 on the big build I have in mindbut yes a chipped p28 to a p72 will be fine, even for a dd. You should notice a difference too once that gets done
By Serge_99
#332782 Hopefully I will see a difference I'm getting it done
Thursday only bad thing about it the shop that's gonna doit is
Like an hour away from me.lol
By panic989
#332783 As omg as everything works you will see a difference. I literally just found out my vtec solenoid is bad so I'm not running at full strength because my ecu is in "a semi safe mode" because I have a cel. Let us know how it feels after the chip.
By Serge_99
#332784 Sure will. I also have a cel code 6 water coolant
Sensor I replaced it try to reset it and still won't go away
Any ideas on what I can do or might it be cause of ecu?
By panic989
#332785 Pull the negative battery terminal off for 15 second to reset the ecu
By Serge_99
#332786 Try that already didn't work.
By panic989
#332787 Have you tried to unplug the ecu? Could be a bad wire somewhere. Or a bad ground or something of that sort.
By Serge_99
#332788 I did unplug ecu. I have a couple of grounds and don't really think that might be it.by bad wire what do u really mean?
By panic989
#332789 A wire could have torn from the plug. Mine did a on the same plug a few different times. I had to replace that plug 3 times now. lol. What do you mean a couple of grounds? Like they aren't grounded anywhere or what?
By Serge_99
#332790 I have a ground wired to trans one by the starter and one to the top of the valve cover. And I'll check my wires tomorrow hopefully I find the problem
By panic989
#332791 Ok. Those should be good then so it isn't a ground.