Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By kaikohe
#329562 i recently made a swap from d16z to a d15b. the new engine had all kinds of build up in it like it hadnt been taken care of well.....whats the best way to get rid of the build up on the inside?
By Civic_HatchSI
#329571 De-greaser works well. I was going to say pressure wash your engine bay but you already have your engine back in so thats not a good idea lol.

Just spray on some de greaser and let it sit and hose it off gently, try not to get any water in your air filter or distributor.
By HeikDiesel
#329578 I think he's talking about deposits inside the engine. Sea foam works pretty good. Just change the oil with some cheap stuff, add the sea foam, drive for a few days and change it out with whatever oil you like to run. I removed all the black deposits in the top end of my CX.
By TrailerTrash
HeikDiesel wrote:I think he's talking about deposits inside the engine. Sea foam works pretty good. Just change the oil with some cheap stuff, add the sea foam, drive for a few days and change it out with whatever oil you like to run. I removed all the black deposits in the top end of my CX.

stuff works!

my girlfriends car had terrible looking oil and that buildup shit so bad. i warmed the car up then shut it of, poured about 1/4 of a can of seafoam in then started it up let it run for like 5 minutes then changed the oil. then put like 1/8 can in with the fresh oil and ran it for about 1000 miles or so then changed the oil again(aswell as did the oil pan gasket) and as expected it was gross looking but it wasnt all buildup it was like loose and gunky. after the 2nd change the oil stays nice and golden :thumb: