Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Andrea Lorrain
#327635 Gotta 93 eg coupe with a jdm b16a in it, problem is.... Car is running thru gas like water & will not stay running in the cold I literally have to keep my foot on the gas pedal until it's completly warmed up. So I went ahead and got a stock throttle body for the car but where the idle screw goes the hole is completly drilled out.... Anyone know why that might be, or a suggestion for the depletion in gas. I seriously go thru a tank of gas in 2 days.. :?
By teal_dx
#327638 If the replacement TB you got is modified, I'd get another stock TB that is not drilled out. Also, is the check engine light on? If so, please check the codes and let us know :thumb:
By Andrea Lorrain
#327642 It just doesn't make any sense to me why it would be drilled out.. Any idea why someone would do that? Also do you think the throttle body is the reason for the gas loss?
By teal_dx
#327670 Not sure why somebody would drill it out... people do some strange things before doing all the research. An unmolested stock throttle body would be a good first step in troubleshooting your issue.

Is the engine light on?
By Andrea Lorrain
#328009 It comes on sometimes, mainly after it goes into Vtech
By MG6
#328019 does it turn off? if not, check the code and see what it is saying.

Like Teal said, swap out TB and have a better one that isn't drilled out :thumb: