Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Tuckermitchell
#327113 Sorry in advance if this is somewhere and I fail at searching. I guarantee I gave it a shot though.

Got DC Integra seats for my EG coupe. As I took out the drivers side seat, the outside rear hold down nut came loose. Are these welded to the floor pan? I have the stock side skirts on, without them in the way is there access to the bottom of the floor pan then? I have no way to tighten this new seat down if not, unless there is some other insert nut or something I can but to place in there.

Thanks for the help in advance.
By TrailerTrash
#327138 yes the nut is supposed to be welded to the inside. if im not mistaken the part of the floot that the seats bolt to is raised and the flat floorboard runs underneath it so the bolt is like between 2 layers of metal. like this if the period represents the nut /.\

u might be able to pull the carpet up and get to the nut and maybe put a wrench on it to tighten it back down. i dont rememeber what it looks like under the carpet.

if that would be possible to go you might be able to cut a small slice in the carpet, put the carpet and seat back in, and reach the wrench through the opening in the carpet to hold the nut in place while u put the bolt in
By Tuckermitchell
#327139 Yeah, I ripped it all out last night. You're right that there is no way to really access it. I used my flexible magnet to get ahold of it with no luck really as I was able to stick to it but no way to fish it out of the small slot to the end by the door side. I have two solutions I can think of for it, welding the seat to the floor pan or welding a bolt to the floor pan that I can put a nut on to secure it. Honestly, neither seems that good of a solution to me but the second is FAR better than the first as I have no interest in welding the seats in only to never be able to again remove them.

UGH, how annoying.

Any thoughts?
By TrailerTrash
#327144 take aa cutoff wheel and cut a small part out just big enough to get to the back of the hole. then u can get the nut out at least. the only option i can think of that doesnt involve weldin is to put a bolt through the hole from the back them put a short nut on it and tighten the bolt up real good with a lock washer. that way you have a post there to go through the hole in the seat bracket and you put a nut on over it once the seat is in and the first nut and lock washer keep the bolt from turning.

other than that :?