Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By reaperstk
#326727 I did a search n got nothing about what i really needed so here goes. Just got me an ej1 to beat on with my hatch. the ej1 sunroof goes back and forth and when its all the way it makes a clicking sound if you hold on to the button. Thats my least concern. The real problem is the middle button to just pop it up wont work. Doesnt do anything when you press on it, but back and forth button works. Button messed up?
By Civic_HatchSI
#326732 A lot of the si moonroofs you have to push up on the glass while you push your center button. Its usually the sunroof itself not the button. Mine is the same way lol..
By MG6
#326754 might want to see if it is time to lube the rails, and other parts that been consistently used and dried up by the sun.
By reaperstk
#326760 What grease/lube am i suppose to use for it, ima try to work it this weekend, pushing it up while pressing button didnt work so ill just see if any connections arent connected, and looking at the diy i found to repair is alot of work. If i cant make it work itll never be open again lol
By MG6
#326779 I don't recall if I got the lube from Honda or was it at your local part store with my parents accord monotonic maintenance I've done.

if you want to pay $$, you can ask the parts counter at Honda or run to your local parts store and find them. I just remember it was a white lube paste.
By reaperstk
#326865 Alright thanks ill check to see and post back this weekend on the solution. Thanks ya
By Leppy
#326866 White Lithium Grease is what you're looking for.