Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By kaikohe
#326668 So...today I thought we should take my coupe out for a drive after I replaced the thermostat and bled the air out of the cooling system. we went on a about a hour drive. we were on the way home going about 90 or so and all of a sudden it got very loud. I couldnt figure out where the noise was coming from. until we got into town and I decieded to open the sun roof top and guess what the glass was gone.

I need some ideas of what I should do as far as repairing it or replacing the glass.

By TrailerTrash
#326678 never seen/heard of that before :o :o :o

glad i wasnt driving behind you!
By reaperstk
#326726 Holy cow, hope it didnt hit anybody behind you, lmk how u got it done, trying to get mines fix too, still doin research
By teal_dx
Civic_HatchSI wrote:wow! never seen that happen before either!

This is a first for me too. I wonder if the cold temps had anything to do with it?

edit: nm, you're in el paso, TX :D
By Flatland_EG
#326766 All that adhesive looks like it was glued back in place at one time or did it work fine before?

I guess you could hit up a junk yard and start looking for sunroof glass. :?
By TOPIK3900
#327510 I have seen it happen lots. Not on a Honda tho... Normally ithappens due to pressure differentials between the inside of the car and the outside.. The low side pressure (inside the car) wants to get to the higher pressure (outside the car) and for some reason.. the sunroof likes to explode
By Slipkde
#328661 Happened to me D: i replaced the glass with acrylic, cheaper and lighter
and i had no other choise lol cant find a sunroof glass for cheap here ;/