Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By brandoff88
#323881 so i got my new caty and fitment is spectacular and so is the weld quality, but it has 2 o2 bungs and i have one on the dp, my question is can i loctite these shut with high temp heat cycling loctite. it didnt specify what temp it was good to but i imagine it would work fine, i used it on my header to dp bolts and so far so good, but i havent ran the car yet, so i wont know for sure till then, i just need some imput if this is safe or not..i just dont want exhaust leaks or the little bung caps to fall out when im driving
By rustyrex
#323886 Just tighten the cap thing that came with it. There's no need for locktite. But, if you feel safer using it, then use it.
By brandoff88
#323888 i tried but when i was walking down stairs with it in my hands to double check fitment with my exhuast the fucking thing fell out from me walking like 50 feet, i cant imagine what would happen on a running car haha, and again i dont want exhaust leaks....no bueno but ill go ahead and loctite them to be sure, i just hope the gases from the exhaust wont heat it up and let it fall out...i could always put a dummy o2 sensor in there i guess...i have two spares but i still have 3 bungs, and the other two are still stuck on my other manifolds...gahhhh decisions decisions lol.

thanks for the quick reply bro :thumb:
By rustyrex
#323890 Go to a hardware store and pick up a copper washer and a lock washer. It will stop the exhaust leak and keep it from back out. Or tighten it down and throw a tack weld on it.