Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By brandoff88
#323239 i dont have but maybe 100 or so bucks after taking care of everything else, and i dont know if i should just run header/downpipe back or just buy a cheap test pipe for now....i dont have emissions or nothing but i dont want it to sound like a damn monster truck.... :?
By HeikDiesel
#323243 $100 won't even buy materials needed to do the tubing, let alone a muffler. I would suggest a used OEM exhaust for that price
By brandoff88
#323289 lol i already have a catback system, and the header/dp, but my old caty bolts rusted to the midpipe, and we tried to grind them out and fucked it up i was thinking of getting this till tax time:

http://www.tunersdepot.com/Jsp/content/ ... 96535.html

its teh right diameter for my exhaust and like i said it would be for a couple months, i got everything else, but i dont want to drive around with a 1.5 liter motor that sounds like a big block v8 lol....
By brandoff88
#323302 well we screwed up the cat, when we tried to notch the bolts, well we screwed up the flanges really bad...stupid stoner freinds...like i said id be swapping out in 2 months min, and until then i dont have cash flow, and this would be the last thing from me driving my car as a daily...ugghhh damn not having money...
By sloww_eg6
#323332 Have you tried eBay? I know it might sound silly to buy eBay parts but I bought a whole kit (6-piece) with the headers and downpipe, cat, and other pipes and a tip for $160 shipped. I took out the silencer in the tip and it sounds great and went together really nicely. Just make sure all the holes for o2 sensors or bolts don't have any welds left over in them...
By brandoff88
#323349 well apexracing i dont have quite as much money as i thought,so the magnaflows are a little outta my range for now, but i think im going to get the one i posted, free shipping and stuff...thanks for your guys help
By FG2_Andrew
#323350 if you need something to "get by" with.. get on ebay, buy a $20 test pipe, rock it until it dies.
By brandoff88
#323359 well thats where this one came from, was ebay i just went to their online store, but i seen some cheaper ones, but they look like they would fall apart on the way to my house.. :eh: but ill look for today and see if anything pops up thanks again for the help guys
By FG2_Andrew
#323365 I bought mine for $15. 6 months later, no holes or cracks. I'm not saying it will last forever but it's a nice get me by part.
By teal_dx
#323393 If you need some $ and your cat is damaged to the point where you can't bolt it up, recycle it. The metals inside the cat are worth some $$ if you can find the right buyer.
By rustyrex
#323402 I seriously want to know where scrappers sell their cats for $50. Everyone I know of in NEO says they sell them for that much and every place I go to says they only pay $20 at most. I have like 8-10 cats in my garage that are all unusable
By brandoff88
#323404 holy eff i didnt think of that i have two sets of crappy exhaust i might just recycle, but i already bought the part, if i get called to work in the next couple weeks i need to have it as close to legal as possible lol
By teal_dx
rustyrex wrote:I seriously want to know where scrappers sell their cats for $50. Everyone I know of in NEO says they sell them for that much and every place I go to says they only pay $20 at most. I have like 8-10 cats in my garage that are all unusable

Ebay :thumb: But you have to be creative in the listing because they will cancel your auction if it says make/model. Put "foreign" in the title and then in the pic of the cat, write on it with a piece of chalk what car it is for. Foreign cats are worth more than domestic. It's illegal to buy a used cat to install on a vehicle so that's why they don't allow a specific description in the auction. Things written in a pic are usually overlooked though.

I listed 2 old cats from 80's toyota pickups and got $172 for the pair. Title was "Lot of 2 scrap catalytic converters, foreign import japanese - no reserve"
The local scrap yard offered me $15 each lolololol :lol: I said no thanks.

I see Civic ones go for up to $50 on ebay.