Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By bnuttall
#322684 i have a little problem with some knocking when i break where i can feel it through me steering wheel. its only when i break not when i turn and i checked my axels and they are good. i heard it could be my control arms thats why it knocks but im not to sure. i was thinking its my steering rack . i just want to see if anyone else had this problem before ? thanks in advance.
By nd1983
#322685 have you checked the brakes for fault at either corner?
as well check your bushings, as a wore bushing could cause that symptom
By rustyrex
#322686 I would start with the obvious, your brake system since it only happens when you apply the brake. Chance are if it was a control arm bushing you would hear it more often. A tie rod would be noticeable when you turn in and out of driveways. To me it sounds like a warped rotor and not having the screws that hold them in place. I worked at a part store for years, this kid used to say those screws were not needed, he went through about 8 sets of rotors a year. My crx had the same sound you are describing. I found out the center bore of my rotors were bigger by a few MM. Once I installed those screws the problem was solved.
By Uknterror
#322704 If you just replaced the pads or something, the two bolts that hold the caliper on the knuckle could be missing. Or on the back side of the rotor is chewed up...
By Apexracing
#322735 bad/warped/cracked rotors. Or frozen caliper slide pins. take the caliper and rotor off and check them out.
By bnuttall
#322758 thanks guys i just got rotors today since the guy i bought the car off of never did the rotors just the breaks. im going to put them on and hopefully thats the problem
By Apexracing
bnuttall wrote:thanks guys i just got rotors today since the guy i bought the car off of never did the rotors just the breaks. im going to put them on and hopefully thats the problem

Check the caliper slide pins while you are there
By bnuttall
#322894 Well put the new rotors on and it stills knocked . Even check the slider pins but worst of all some lady cut confront of me today doing n illegal upturn then stopped in the middle of the street and my car is most likely totalled . So no more eg .
By Punksz6
bnuttall wrote:Well put the new rotors on and it stills knocked . Even check the slider pins but worst of all some lady cut confront of me today doing n illegal upturn then stopped in the middle of the street and my car is most likely totalled . So no more eg .

Sorry to hear!! I hope you are ok and what the heck was she trying to do cause a pile up?? Will u get any money back for the accident?
By bnuttall
#323009 yeah im fine but idk what she was doing something stupid. but i got the police report and i was going under the speed limit and shes at fault . so im getting something. i just saw my car yesterday and im hoping my motor is fine. but the radiator is pressed against my motor . my friend just told me for 1200 i could pic up a fresh inside and out ek shell with a blown ls in it . and its actually going to come with the trans and its ready for a b series . so im just gonna drop my motor in it. and have a extra trans .