Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By crazy-88
#318707 I've been building my d15b for a few days now, and finally dropped it in and was ready to run it, turned the key on n off a few times to prime the fuel, when I finally hit the key to start, all the power went out.
is there any main relay or something other then the ignition relay in the driver kick pannel? I'm really stumped right now. and don't have a clue of what to do next.
By EJ1_MK
#318710 Start checking the master fuse under the dash and any other relays and fuses that have to do with alternator or ignition, etc.
By crazy-88
EJ1_MK wrote:Start checking the master fuse under the dash and any other relays and fuses that have to do with alternator or ignition, etc.

all the little fuses are good, in the engine bay and under dash, is there something bigger then the normal little fuses?
By EJ1_MK
crazy-88 wrote:
EJ1_MK wrote:Start checking the master fuse under the dash and any other relays and fuses that have to do with alternator or ignition, etc.

all the little fuses are good, in the engine bay and under dash, is there something bigger then the normal little fuses?

And you are sure that the main relay is good ?? other than that check all your connections on the starter
By crazy-88
#318720 ok I found the problem, since I painted my tranny with base coat clear coat, my starter was not grounding properly, and also my new ground location for the battery was not fully stripped of paint? so it all added up to some major resistance. thankfully all is resolved.

thnx for the help tho. could have easily been a number of the things u pointed out.
By joemama
#340077 so did you really find what was wrong? so bad ground was the problem? the same thing happened to my car earlier so much help is appreciated! thanks lmk
By crazy-88
joemama wrote:so did you really find what was wrong? so bad ground was the problem? the same thing happened to my car earlier so much help is appreciated! thanks lmk

yeah man just multiple bad grounds added up, starter to transmission. battery ground to frame. and negative battery terminal.
By ihavesol93
#340119 my first startup of my hatch, i had the wire to the starter flipped upside-down and when i put in the battery, it was grounding itself on the starter and shooting sparks all the way across my garage.
By pkaewthong34
#340171 i used to have the same problem like that except i got power after i start the car .. end up it was bad ECU ..everything is good to go now actually