Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By rafaortiz21
#314265 So I bought a rebuilt compressor from ebay with matching number to the one in my car , but the hoses wont fit. As I Do more research I come to find out that the compressor that I got from ebay is from a 4 door. My question is if I get the hoses from a 4 door will I run into any other problems.
By crazy-88
#317388 best bet is take ur tools and head to a pick ur part and play around with the hoses on a 4 n 2 door n see what u come up with. it's only costing u a few bucks to b certain what will n will not fit. also take a lot of pictures for reference.
By bigJOE671
rafaortiz21 wrote:So I bought a rebuilt compressor from ebay with matching number to the one in my car , but the hoses wont fit. As I Do more research I come to find out that the compressor that I got from ebay is from a 4 door. My question is if I get the hoses from a 4 door will I run into any other problems.

The difference in compressor ports/hoses are also situated with what year your car is made.

For 92-93 Civic's the AC system used R-12. For 94-95 Civic's it used R-134.

R-12 systems has smaller ports than R-134 IIRC.

hope this helps...I found out this information the hard way when doing my AC system.