Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By BeRtO_G
#313624 so i was selling my 94 eg that i bought as a project car. someone came to look at it went for a ride was running fine then all of a sudden stopped and it wont start back up :shock: . never had any problems starting before so i remembered the previous owner said he had an alarm which he said was disconnected. the brain is still there and it still hooked up just because you cut the wires to the horn for the alarm doesnt mean its disconnected. anyways im in the procees of pulling it out completely theres two wires that look like they've been pulled out of one of the plugs behind the fuse box i just cant figure out were they go one is solid green with a white line the other is solid green with a red line. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
By PhantomEJ1
#313629 That sounds like the coil or igniter in the dizzy went bad same thing happened to me.
By BeRtO_G
#313630 yea it gets better so im taking the dizzy cap off to test and all three screws break of :x
By bigJOE671
BeRtO_G wrote:so i was selling my 94 eg that i bought as a project car. someone came to look at it went for a ride was running fine then all of a sudden stopped and it wont start back up :shock: . never had any problems starting before so i remembered the previous owner said he had an alarm which he said was disconnected. the brain is still there and it still hooked up just because you cut the wires to the horn for the alarm doesnt mean its disconnected. anyways im in the procees of pulling it out completely theres two wires that look like they've been pulled out of one of the plugs behind the fuse box i just cant figure out were they go one is solid green with a white line the other is solid green with a red line. any info would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance

Read: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=24927
By BeRtO_G
#313657 thanks for all the info phantom and bigjoe. checked the resistance on the ICM and it was @1.2 so i jumped on the cbr n booked it to autozone and picked one up right before they closed. threw it in and she fired right up, now for some reason the rad fan comes on right away and stays on never noticed that before. here we go again :thumb:
By EJ1_MK
#313667 Sounds like the fan switch when bad in the, it is on the thermostat housing right behind the dizzy, there is a ground wire there too make sure that is clean. Its either that or the relay in the fuse box under the hood has gone bad. easy to find a new relay that you know works and see if it works doesn't change then its the switch.
By BeRtO_G
EJ1_MK wrote:Sounds like the fan switch when bad in the, it is on the thermostat housing right behind the dizzy, there is a ground wire there too make sure that is clean. Its either that or the relay in the fuse box under the hood has gone bad. easy to find a new relay that you know works and see if it works doesn't change then its the switch.

yea ill have to check that ground switch i may have touched it when i was messin with the dizzy. thanks :thumb: