Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Chambers
#301492 Hi all,

I just got my car together, the 4-1 header I bought came with a test pipe to replace the cat, I tired to fit the stock cat to the header but it did not fit quite right. I put the test pipe in and have been getting the "Honda Twang" during acceleration. Its not loud but its obnoxious, so I'm wondering if anyone has ran aftermarket cats and will they quell this twang?

Thanks.
By teal_dx
#301499 Any cat will help but beware of cheap aftermarket cats as some aren't much more than a test pipe. To see what I mean look at all of the screens in the OEM one and compare to the aftermarket one. If you can easily see through the screens in the aftermarket one, then it's not much of a cat. :thumb:
By SkunkDcivic
#301534 i bought a magnaflowcat and it worked well for my e check
By Chambers
#301546 Cool, thanks for the replies. Does the Magnaflow cat have free (not welded) flanges? So the thing can be rotated if needed.
By JohnRM
Chambers wrote:Cool, thanks for the replies. Does the Magnaflow cat have free (not welded) flanges? So the thing can be rotated if needed.

Yeah, it does. Have one on right now :thumb:
By SkunkDcivic
#301575 Yea it does I welded mine on my self so it was perfect
By Chambers
#301646 Cool, thanks for the replies! I ordered one yesterday.