Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By kylenjdm93
#298950 I'm looking for a new quarter panel for a coupe and the ones on line r for hatches only but can be modified to fit.... I have one and how the f do they remotely fit? The bumper bolt locations r wrong the arch is wrong any ideas or any links to a coupe quarter?
By russellg86
#299002 i have the same problem :?
By kylenjdm93
#299015 thats bs, the people at fixmyrust.com are no help other than... we stock tons of quarter panels but dont have the right parts and will sell you the wrong part then you have to cut and modify it to fit correctly or buy both panels replace them then buy a hatchback bumper.... :eh:

ya dont think so... :thumbdown:

for alot of people its hard to find a junkyard with a decent eg rear end, without rust and / or dents...

ill be making call after call after call today and maybe ill find a solution to this problem..

and teal_dx here is a comparison of quarters...
(STOLE A PIC FROM YOU BTW)

HATCH

ImageCOUPE

Ill post up pics of how and y they dont work for the coupe.... but complaining isnt getting me anywere at the moment, agiain ill be calling around for a decent quarter that wont brake the bank
By kylenjdm93
#299027 Image

this panel is for a 4 door, but the arch for the bumper is correct, i could put the 2 pieces together...

at fixmyrust.com

the coupe/hatch panel is 30 bux
the 4 door panel is 31.50

so for around 65-70 bux you could make a complete patch panel for the coupe and maintain the bumber / wheel arch by mating the 2 together....

guess ill order and find out.. may end up being too much welding but you never know and it 70 bux worth a shot..
By kylenjdm93
#299028 Image

so heres my theory, its cehap enough... lmfao..

thanx to ms paint.
By kylenjdm93
#299043 Tell me about it, you would think that someone out there made this quarter panel available but no..... :?
By TrailerTrash
#299095 these say for coupe and hatchback :?
http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/199 ... s/sherman/

http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/199 ... s/sherman/

then there are these
http://www.andysautosport.com/honda/199 ... key_parts/

all i could find
By SkunkDcivic
#299120 just clean the rust out then weld your own sheet metal over it :thumb:
By kylenjdm93
SkunkDcivic wrote:just clean the rust out then weld your own sheet metal over it :thumb:

Great thought but how are you going to mimic the natural body lines the civic has in that area
By kylenjdm93
#299187 oh and as well as the curves, ive done some body work and using sheet metal on some parts of the car is a great idea :thumb: but were the fender lines are thats a nearly impossible task of making everything line up perfectly with the curves, thats like making a plastic manican have the same features of a real woman's tits... not the same... lmfao.. :thumb:
By Punksz6
#299203 I have to do the same but I live in Cali and can find some good coupes at junkyards here but some yards charge alot for the sheet metal footage and you can't use plasma cutters or any type of torchs.

So if you haven't tryed this look for someone that is parting out a coupe then go and cut the whole piece you need. This is what I am planning on doing so I can start prepping my coupe for paint. I hope you find that panel. :)
By kylenjdm93
#299210 ya ive been looking up here in washington.. lol
By Punksz6
#299214 Do you know anyone from Cali that travel up to Washington? Well hopefully you get the piece soon.